Suggest a medium tier gaming config

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Most of my time is spent in office, yet when I reach home, I want a system which can run complex excel files as well as play games such as GTA V, HITMAN 1 & 2 (the new series) at ultra settings and a system which can last for at-least 5 years. For this reason I am interesting in building a mid tier Gaming build.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Anything between 50-80k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I don't know. I have never done this. All I have used is the system you can see in my signature. I could run GTA V with that config but HITMAN didn't run in the setup which prompted me to upgrade my 2013 setup.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows (7 or 10)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have a 3.5" 1TB WD and a recently purchased 2.5" 240 GB SSD of WD. I might purchase a 2TB WD HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I am not sure. I have a 19" Philips (1366*768) which does a decent job. Although its 7 years old & a new Full HD or 4K UHD monitor will seem nice, I'd need suggestions whether to upgrade this or not.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have everything running, I am not sure what can be reused in the new build. A new cabinet is for sure.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as I get the config final.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't built an entire desktop before, I have installed RAM, HDD, Fans, Graphics card. There are plenty of Youtube videos training how to build a pc which give me confidence.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: At present, Aligarh, UP. I prefer buying online. I get frequently transferred.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
At present my build is
Intel Pentium G2010, ASRock H61M mobo, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD7770, 1TB WD HDD, Corsair CX430

I have shortlisted few specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG Strix B450-E
AMD RX 590 8GB
16GB Corsair 3200MHz

CPU - AMD R5 3600 - 15.5k

Mobo - Asrock B450 Pro4 - 7k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz - 6k

GPU - Zotac GTX 1660 Super - 19.5k

SSD - Kingston A400 240GB 2.5″ - 2.5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair TX650M - 7.4k

Cabinet - Cooler Master/Antec/corsair mid tower ATX - 4k

Monitor - Acer VG240Y 24″ 1080p 144Hz IPS Freesync - 14.7k

Total - 79.6k

* ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming - 8k is another good option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs though.

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I was looking over motherboards on amazon and there was one with onboard wifi 802.11ac and bluetooth. I thought that would be great & shortlisted Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wifi costing 12.5k

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
* ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming - 8k is another good option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs though.

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.
I have checked these websites before, do they offer easy returns as well?

Updating BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs will not require to install 2nd gen Ryzen right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking over motherboards on amazon and there was one with onboard wifi 802.11ac and bluetooth. I thought that would be great & shortlisted Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wifi costing 12.5k
Don't buy a much inferior mobo for 12.5k when you can get a much superior mobo(asrock b450 pro for 7k)+tplink usb ac wifi adapter(for 999) for 8k.
*i.redd.it/7n48gewun0p21.png

Updating BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs will not require to install 2nd gen Ryzen right?
Of course it is required,how else a mobo will otherwise recognize a 3rd gen processor if bios is not compatible in the first place. However chances of this happening is less as nowadays any recently manufactured mobo(say last 3-4 months) comes with ryzen 3xxx compatible bios by default. I know 2-3 members here who got asrock b450 pro 4 with oct mfg date & got ryzen 3xxx compatible bios by default.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
GPU - Zotac GTX 1660 Super - 19.5k.

There are two versions of GTX1660 Super , one is the AMP version. Which one to buy?
I am also looking at newegg website. It seemsto have everything. How is the experience of buying from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are two versions of GTX1660 Super , one is the AMP version. Which one to buy?
I am also looking at newegg website. It seemsto have everything. How is the experience of buying from there?

Amp version is costlier & better but normal version is also alright. Newegg website is for US,it is useless for India because buying from there is no different than ordering internationally meaning ~40% customs duty.

The cheaper Zotac GTX 1660 Super with at least 2 fans.

Newegg is US website.

Check mdcomputers, primeabgb, vedantcomputers, theitdepot, amazon (usually costlier).

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I got my corsair spec01 delivered today. At first I ordered the spec05 but I found it didn’t had a dvd writer.

What should I do with my PSU corsair cx430 , it looks brand new

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
The sites mdcomputers , primeabgb, theitdepot dont deliver to my pincode. I am left with fk, amazon. Is this the mobo which is recommended above:?

*www.amazon.in/ASRock-MicroATX-Moth...eywords=asrock+b450+pro&qid=1583657338&sr=8-1

Whether upgrading processor to ryzen 5 3600 and asrock b450 mobo and running with existing Radeon HD7770 would run HITMAN 1 &2, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty Modern Warfare at 1080p high (if not ultra) settings or purchasing a new graphics card GTX 1660 Super is a must? Also the existing Corsair CX430 is able to handle Ryzen 5 3600 , asrock mobo, Radeon HD7770?

Also need suggestions for a good keyboard for gaming and headphones.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The sites mdcomputers , primeabgb, theitdepot dont deliver to my pincode. I am left with fk, amazon. Is this the mobo which is recommended above:?

*www.amazon.in/ASRock-MicroATX-Moth...eywords=asrock+b450+pro&qid=1583657338&sr=8-1

Whether upgrading processor to ryzen 5 3600 and asrock b450 mobo and running with existing Radeon HD7770 would run HITMAN 1 &2, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty Modern Warfare at 1080p high (if not ultra) settings or purchasing a new graphics card GTX 1660 Super is a must? Also the existing Corsair CX430 is able to handle Ryzen 5 3600 , asrock mobo, Radeon HD7770?

That one is microATX version, this is the one suggested earlier(though both are fine since price difference is very small so no point getting smaller matx version) *www.amazon.in/ASRock-ATX-Motherboard-B450-PRO4/dp/B07FVYKJHR/

CX430 is not such a good psu,try to get CX550 or at least CX450 & 7770 is a very old & weak card now @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb may suggest some cheaper card than 1660 super for these games.

For something cheaper, go for Zotac GTX 1650 Super for 14k (register online to get 5 year warranty). Even that is more than powerful enough to run those games & other games for at least 3 years (provided you can play at 720p low at later years).

Even GTX 1050 listed in below graph is like 2x better than HD7770 or so. So you do need a new GPU.

CX430 will handle R5 3600 + GTX 1650S just fine. It was a good PSU of its time. But it is better to get a new one.
GPU Low mid 1080p.png

Cheaper rig:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 8.5k

Mobo - Asrock B450 Pro4 ATX - 7k*

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz - 4.7k

GPU - Asus RX580 4GB - 10.5k

SSD - Kingston A400 480GB 2.5″ - 3.8k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 4.5k

Cabinet - Cooler Master/Antec/corsair mid tower ATX - 3k

Monitor - LG 24MP59G 24" 1080p 75Hz Freesync - 9.5k

Total - 54.5k

*ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming at 8k is another great option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs though.

** Zotac GTX 1650 Super - 14.5k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd for PC parts at a good price.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strange,Aligarh is a big city. You can always get it delivered to some friend/family place in Delhi-NCR & then bring the products back(Delhi-Aligarh is ~3 hours I think).

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I’m ordering these 4 items from Amazon right now

1. Ryzen 5 3600 (16.5k)
2. Asrock b450 pro4 (8.2k)
3. corsair cx550 (5k)
4. TPLink Archer T2UH AC600 High Gain Wireless USB Adapter (1.4k)

Total- (31.33k)

Will purchase GPU, RAM, HDD, Keyboard, Headphones next week when my Bajaj FinServ card will be unblocked due to non payment of an EMI on due date.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Strange,Aligarh is a big city. You can always get it delivered to some friend/family place in Delhi-NCR & then bring the products back(Delhi-Aligarh is ~3 hours I think).

Yeah I could’ve but these Coronavirus days have put some restrictions and also Aligarh- Delhi trip will take its toll in terms of time and money.
And Aligarh is a big district not a big city and it sucks yukkk .
Its famous for Nala’s and Tala’s

Top Bottom