Suggest a Laptop with Pascal GPU

abcxyz

Journeyman
Check out post #21 for clarity!!!!

1) What is your budget? (USD)
$1000 may increase if required

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
anything is fine

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming(future proof config would be great)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
None. My friend like to play games. He is okay with lowest settings also.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Purchase place is USA and online.

No Asus ROG GL552VW please, looking for the new Pascal GPU.
I have seen some laptops with Pascal GPU in US online stores, the cost is very high. I hope you guys know of any laptops which costs less.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lowest you can find a GTX 1060 laptop (XOTIC PC | Sager NP8151 (Clevo P650RP6) - 15.6" Gaming Noteboo) for 1229$ on xotic pc.

GTX 1050 is not out yet. If you can wait for a month or two, hopefully laptop with it will cost around 1000$.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Lowest you can find a GTX 1060 laptop (XOTIC PC | Sager NP8151 (Clevo P650RP6) - 15.6" Gaming Noteboo) for 1229$ on xotic pc.

GTX 1050 is not out yet. If you can wait for a month or two, hopefully laptop with it will cost around 1000$.

I forgot about XOTIC completely :p Thanks Goku.
I would like to know your opinion on,
How is the performance of Xotic Sager when compared with Dell, MSI, ASUS laptops?
After buying it in US, my friend would bring that to India. Will there be any issues with warranty?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I forgot about XOTIC completely :p Thanks Goku.
I would like to know your opinion on,
How is the performance of Xotic Sager when compared with Dell, MSI, ASUS laptops?
After buying it in US, my friend would bring that to India. Will there be any issues with warranty?

If you see pure specs to price ratio, I doubt any other OEM would be able to beat Sager/Clevo.

I don't know if Dell even has a pascal laptop lineup except for Alienware. Asus, MSI have them but don't think they'll be any cheaper in India. Azom may import clevo laptops with pascal series but don't think those will cost less than 100k at first.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
If you see pure specs to price ratio, I doubt any other OEM would be able to beat Sager/Clevo.

I don't know if Dell even has a pascal laptop lineup except for Alienware. Asus, MSI have them but don't think they'll be any cheaper in India. Azom may import clevo laptops with pascal series but don't think those will cost less than 100k at first.

I would be buying one on Black Friday.

Can you suggest any other laptop under $1500 with 10xx GPU. Like Gigabyte which has a presence in Mysore, India. So after sales service may be tad easy compared to Sager.
Since Sager after sales service would be an issue in India because they do not have any presence in India and I may need to ship the laptop back to US for any service

D

Deleted member 118788

I would be buying one on Black Friday.

Can you suggest any other laptop under $1500 with 10xx GPU. Like Gigabyte which has a presence in Mysore, India. So after sales service may be tad easy compared to Sager.
Since Sager after sales service would be an issue in India because they do not have any presence in India and I may need to ship the laptop back to US for any service

I'll suggest you to confirm with Gigabyte if they will provide support/repairs in Mysore for an imported laptop.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Guys I spoke with XOTIC rep, regarding, Gigabyte-p55wv6-pc3d
XOTIC PC | GIGABYTE P55Wv6-PC3

It has global warranty and right now I am trying to find if it works in Gigabyte India
GIGABYTE - Support - Service Center

What's your opinion on this Gigabyte laptop?

Guys please also check this out and suggest,
Amazon.com: Eluktronics P650RP6 Premium VR Ready Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Windows 10 Home 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 15.6” Full HD IPS 128GB Eluktro Pro Performance SSD 8GB DDR4 RAM: Computers & Accessorie

- - - Updated - - -

Apologizes for the repeated posts, I need to finalize the laptop ASAP.

Guys GIGABYTE P55Wv6-PC3 does provide global warranty and it has a service center in India(Bangalore) who do accept this global warranty and provide after sale services.

So please have a look at the laptop and suggest if it is good to go.
GIGABYTE 15.6" P55Wv6-NE2 Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 128 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop- "ONLY @ NEWEGG"-Newegg.co

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

^^ Specs look good for the price. Although, never used any Gigabyte laptop. So, no idea. [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] must have some idea.

There are no Gigabyte laptops in India, so I won't be surprised if they aren't equipped to service laptops

I would suggest Asus GL502VM
*www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB0WJ1G/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B01KGA63LI?th=1

Or better buy this one:
*www.amazon.com/dp/B01IS33QWY/ref=psdc_13896615011_t2_B01IO9Y30G
This exact laptop is available in India for 1.4 lakhs, so its your safest option. The MSI service centres will definitely be equipped to repair it. MSI also provide international warranty, i think.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ MSI reps here have specifically stated that they don't provide for service for laptops bought from USA even if they have international warranty.

Same should be the scenario for sager and gigabyte laptops since they have no presence in India.

Safest choice would be to either get an Asus ROG/Alienware laptop if buying from USA or Azom if clevo is your preferred OEM.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
I will go with Asus GL502VM as my final choice.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no Gigabyte laptops in India, so I won't be surprised if they aren't equipped to service laptops

I would suggest Asus GL502VM
*www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB0WJ1G/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B01KGA63LI?th=1

Or better buy this one:
This exact laptop is available in India for 1.4 lakhs, so its your safest option. The MSI service centres will definitely be equipped to repair it. MSI also provide international warranty, i think.

^ MSI reps here have specifically stated that they don't provide for service for laptops bought from USA even if they have international warranty.

Same should be the scenario for sager and gigabyte laptops since they have no presence in India.

Safest choice would be to either get an Asus ROG/Alienware laptop if buying from USA or Azom if clevo is your preferred OEM.

I spoke with gigabyte rep in India he says that service will be done. That's the reason I wanted to know about that gigabyte laptop. Is it good for that Price?

I will only by in USA so please give the ROG/Alienware laptop suggestion. I will look into it.

Maximum budget is $1300

Even without warranty at least they can be repaired as exact same model is available in India officially (so issue of spare parts or not knowing how to repair it) which makes it a better choice than Asus, Gigabyte, Sager, etc

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke with gigabyte rep in India he says that service will be done. That's the reason I wanted to know about that gigabyte laptop. Is it good for that Price?

I will only by in USA so please give the ROG/Alienware laptop suggestion. I will look into it.

Maximum budget is $1300

It's a good choice. If Asus launches it here, there won't be any problem getting it serviced

D

Deleted member 118788

- - - Updated - - -

Maximum budget is $1300

Will they assure this in written form?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That I would ask them tomorrow.

@SaiyanGoku
Please suggest ROG/Alienware laptop @$1300

@anupam_pb
Does asus rog provide good service in India

Amazon.com: ROG Strix GL502VM 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-6700HQ 16GB DDR4 1TB 7200RPM HDD: Computers & Accessorie

*www.amazon.com/Asus-GL702VM-DB71-17-3-Inch-i7-6700HQ-7200RPM/dp/B01KB0W4R0/

Don't know why the 17.3" version is cheaper than the 15.6" one. :lol:

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Amazon.com: ROG Strix GL502VM 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-6700HQ 16GB DDR4 1TB 7200RPM HDD: Computers & Accessorie

Amazon.com: Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-DB71 17.3-Inch. G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop (NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-6700HQ 16GB DDR4 1TB 7200RPM HDD): Computers & Accessorie

Don't know why the 17.3" version is cheaper than the 15.6" one. :lol:

Thanks Goku, can I get better after sales service for Asus in India?

Asus has better after sales than MSI in India but if a model isn't available in India service centers might reject repairing it even if you pay money citing lack of technical expertise regd. that model or just lack of parts.

That's the reason I was saying that MSI would be a better option if you are going to use it in India. Gaming laptops heat a lot, so its components have more chance of failure compared to a laptop used for general tasks.

If Asus releases GL502VM in India, then there's no need to worry. After all you are spending $1400, which isn't a small amount

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Asus has better after sales than MSI in India but if a model isn't available in India service centers might reject repairing it even if you pay money citing lack of technical expertise regd. that model or just lack of parts.

That's the reason I was saying that MSI would be a better option if you are going to use it in India. Gaming laptops heat a lot, so its components have more chance of failure compared to a laptop used for general tasks.

If Asus releases GL502VM in India, then there's no need to worry. After all you are spending $1400, which isn't a small amount

Ok at the moment I am taking all the suggestions, I will decide by this Thursday.
You have suggested this MSI right,

Top Bottom