suggest a laptop for under 50K...

techmaniack

Broken In
suggest a (Custom)laptop for under 50K...

i wanna buy a new laptop and my budget is around 50K.
I would be using multiple OS's, Adobe CS4(Flash, Flex, Dreamweaver,Photoshop), VMware, a lot of coding(typing), weight no issue, need a descent backup, and many USB ports!!!

I've heard that Corei3 is having some issues with Microsofts dev tools? if this isn't true then pls don't flame at me :))

Is there any option to order a CUSTOM LAPTOP? the ones like AlienWare... i did contact the AW guys but they provide service only in the U.S. Grrrrrrrrrr

And one more thing, i couldn't find much of AMD stuff in the Laptop market! STRANGE...

Last edited:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
try Dell if you want customized laptops!

PS: you won't get much performance in a Laptop for that amount! why don't you go for a desktop? for the kind of work you going to do, Desktop is going to be much more suitable for your needs!

OP
T

techmaniack

Broken In
but i need a laptop bro...
btw how much more would i have to spend?

neways what do you say abt this config

Dell(TM) Studio 14 Laptop (T540530IN8)
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM (1.6GHz, 4 Cores/8 Threads, turbo up to 2.8 GHz, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
14” High Definition 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530
Now with Microsoft® Office Starter 2010!

for Rs.50,400/-

OP
T

techmaniack

Broken In
something better like? could you please suggest one... u c i'm not a gaming fan so have no idea abt GPU's and all. Btw what's the issue with this one, isn't a 512MB dedicated GPU enough for me? or is the Brand that that you don't like???

mavihs

Techie By Heart
something better like? could you please suggest one... u c i'm not a gaming fan so have no idea abt GPU's and all. Btw what's the issue with this one, isn't a 512MB dedicated GPU enough for me? or is the Brand that that you don't like???
its not about the memory or the brand(its a really good brand), it matters more on specs & model. but looks like there isn't any option to change the GPU in it & there isn't any thing better laptop there either. so you can go with it. just change the HDD to a 7200RPM one & the battery to a 9 cell one(if you want a longer battery time)!

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
I will suggest u acer timelineX 4820tg .
Screen 14"
Cpu i5
gpu ati 5650 1gb (switchable)
4gb ram etc etc...
And
and 8hr bakup with 6 cell battry.

OP
T

techmaniack

Broken In
hmmm 8hr backup sounds good...

well i have one question, are there any issues with the DVD RW and Speakers in the Dell Studio series???

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

@a2mn btw what is its price in Indian market?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
well i have one question, are there any issues with the DVD RW and Speakers in the Dell Studio series???
you take any laptop after a certain time you get a probs in the DVD ROM for sure but it gets changed coz it mostly happens during the warranty period!

OP
T

techmaniack

Broken In
lolz... actually i have recently heard from a friend that the DVD RW in Studio is SLOTTED(i don't whether all laptops have slotted DVD RW's) and so there is a chance of dust entering inside and abt the speakers, they too catch dirt easily... i don't think the Dell guys will Replace my laptop for this reason [GRIN!!!]

Top Bottom