Suggest a lappy: Budget 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys,

My sis needs to buy a lappy from Bangalore….Her budget is around 50,000…….So pls suggest a gud configuration…..She needs the following thing:

1.It must be lil stylish.
2.Must hv Decent Speakers.
3.Must hv gud audio/video capabilities……coz She likes listenin music and watchin movies/TV Shows..
4.She needs it to surf net, for some photoshop/flash work , editin photos, html and blabla……….
5.Gamin is not priority for her.

In short cut, it must be a entertainment based…….and hey wht r the things we should note before buyin a lappy ………………

Thnks in Advance…..

thnks dude...and hey
could u pls tell the system configuration to me........
-----
guys wht t thew thing we should note before buyin a lappy

Depends. Do you want to have a huge HDD or a small one ? And do you want flashy looks ?

Here is the product page: *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook9?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

You need to add 2000 more for the GPU in the customize section.

And you might want to make the ram 2GB instead of 3GB, or upgrade to T8100 instead of T5800 for much better performance.

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Depends. Do you want to have a huge HDD or a small one ? And do you want flashy looks ?

Dont need a very huge HDD....
and yaa lil flashy......
but look doenot matter a lot...Performance is the first priority:p:p.....
My sis needs a Medai Centre Pc..LOoves Songs and Movies

and hey wht r the warranty thtdell provides..

thnks dude

Dont need a very huge HDD....
and yaa lil flashy......
but look doenot matter a lot...Performance is the first priority:p:p.....
My sis needs a Medai Centre Pc..LOoves Songs and Movies

and hey wht r the warranty thtdell provides..

thnks dude

If she loves songs and movies, you definitely need a huge HDD :lol:
But the config dell has for 46K has 250GB, which I hope will be enough.
And warranty can be customised, or even bargained for over phone.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||

Here is the product page: *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook9?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

You need to add 2000 more for the GPU in the customize section.

And you might want to make the ram 2GB instead of 3GB, or upgrade to T8100 instead of T5800 for much better performance.

Ddue a newbie here....
Will i get Ram 3 GB when i add 2k more?
and hey Wht is T8100? wht will be the cost to upgrade to t8100?

and hey the model is not available to configure online.....i think i need to visit the shop......:eek::eek:

If she loves songs and movies, you definitely need a huge HDD :lol:
But the config dell has for 46K has 250GB, which I hope will be enough.
And warranty can be customised, or even bargained for over phone.

i think 250 Gb will be sufficinet.........

dude,there is no modem in the lappy.....
so addin modem will be gud or shiftin to other?

Last edited:
the config is ALREADY 3GB ram, but I said REDUCE IT TO 2GB if you want.
T8100 is a CPU, but unlike T5800, its a 45nm penryn with 3mb l2 cache compared to 2mb of t5800 and it also consumes less power, all for an extra 2.5K.

You don't need a modem in a laptop, trust me.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
You don't need a modem in a laptop, trust me.

I trust u buddy.....
I would not hv asked suggestion from u all if there was no trust.....:p

T8100 is a CPU, but unlike T5800, its a 45nm penryn with 3mb l2 cache compared to 2mb of t5800 and it also consumes less power, all for an extra 2.5K.

thks dude......
i will try to buy this...

Now there r two choices for my sis:D.....
Dell Studio 15 with HD3450 mGPU. (T8100)
Dell Studio 15 with HD3450 mGPU. (T5800)

Lets see if she likes it or not:confused::confused::confused:

You don't need a modem in a laptop.
Hw come we dont need a modem?Just asking for Gk.....Coz In PC if there is no modem we cant connect to Internet

Guys i just went through the review.....
It stated tht sound could have been better-Sound quality is a let down-touchpad not responding at some times and speaker quality
Just want to know from u all, how is the speaker quality coz the main priority is to listen music as mentioned above......

Last edited:
you don't need modem because its only for dialup, which nobody uses these days.
for laptops, you should use ethernet, wifi or datacard for internet access.

as for sound, I think dell bundles Creative EP-630, which is a very good earphone set.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
you don't need modem because its only for dialup, which nobody uses these days.
for laptops, you should use ethernet, wifi or datacard for internet access.

as for sound, I think dell bundles Creative EP-630, which is a very good earphone set.

k dude i will tell my sis to buy this:p:p:p and hey is the quality of sound gud if we use only speakers i.e. no ear phones?
and hey wht is the weight of the lappy......Is it bulky?coz she hates bulky lappy.....:D:D:D

thnks bro.....
Ronak

Last edited:
k dude i will tell my sis to buy this:p:p:p and hey is the quality of sound gud if we use only speakers i.e. no ear phones?
and hey wht is the weight of the lappy......Is it bulky?coz she hates bulky lappy.....:D:D:D

thnks bro.....
Ronak
She hates bulky lappy ? Then better get her an ASUS EEE PC 702 4G :p
Its ultra light, both in weight and on the wallet :p

And I doubt you can get good sound from laptop speakers. For my dad's lappy, I connect a speaker system to it when I need to hear some music. You can get a 2.1 desktop speaker set for around 2.2K and use it for listening to songs when you are NOT on the move and have an electricity point nearby.

Problem with Laptop speakers, and most portable speakers in general is that they lack bass and mids are often not strong enough. That is a strict NO for me since I listen to lots of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal and classical. But if you listen to pop, rap, hip-hop and bollywood stuff, you don't need very great speakers for a decent sound. Even bass less laptop speakers will do.

EDIT: Dude, just check out the dell website now. The Studio 15 has become 44K with 320GB HDD and HD3450 (which is now a compulsary addition) along with T5800 CPU. And you can easily upgrade to T8100 for extra 3.4K. Add good bargaining to this and you can strike a sweet deal under 50K with good 3 years warranty !

Last edited:

tusharlad

Down to Earth
If U can increase ur budget by 4 K thin for XPS 1330 look great feminine with flamingo pink wi and is also powerful

If U can increase ur budget by 4 K thin for XPS 1330 look great feminine with flamingo pink wi and is also powerful
But its not as VFM or as powerful as Studio 15. If she can manage with 15", studio 15 IS the best choice.
And lets not forget the issues nVidia's GPUs have been having in laptops.

And at 53K, the best 1330 you can get is a GMA3100 powered one. But even if you pay your a$$ off for the 8400mGS, the performance will be lower than HD3450.

IMO, its a better idea to get a MacBook if your budget is 50K and you want a 13" notebook thats a bit classy.

But I think the most VFM HAS to be Inspiron 13.

Too bad all above solutions come with GMA X3100 graphics :(

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
She hates bulky lappy ? Then better get her an ASUS EEE PC 702 4G :pIts ultra light, both in weight and on the wallet
I will check this lappy........

And I doubt you can get good sound from laptop speakers.....
Wht? Is tht so? I thought laptops hv a gud inbuilt speakers:(

..Problem with Laptop speakers, and most portable speakers in general is that they lack bass and mids are often not strong enough.
^^I will invest 2k so tht i wont hv problem with speakers..:p

EDIT: Dude, just check out the dell website now. The Studio 15 has become 44K with 320GB HDD and HD3450
Cant get it!:(:( it shows Rs.48,900 for Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T5800 .....and yaa the HDD is 320 GB......
[/quote]

thnks dude for the help but as said by Gautam Bro it is nt tht powerful as stdio is....
and hey after comparing both thy lappy i found Stdio better.

And lets not forget the issues nVidia's GPUs have been having in laptops.
Dude dont knw about tht issuse....juts wana increase my IQ...Wht had happened|:-?

Last edited:

vandit

In the zone
I am a proud owner of dell studio 15..
My config is T8100 + 3 gb Ram + ati 3450 gxcard + sound blaster audigy card + midnight blue color.
Came @ 53k ..but prices have reduced and i configured a lot .

To read the review plz visit my blog.(no intention for .advertisment)

You might also consider hp dv 6 ..dont knw the exact code . It comes with a better config than studio but with a AMD cpu .
The studio looks stylish and not flashy. For girls go for the red or pink with gloss.

I am a proud owner of dell studio 15..
My config is T8100 + 3 gb Ram + ati 3450 gxcard + sound blaster audigy card + midnight blue color.
Came @ 53k ..but prices have reduced and i configured a lot .

To read the review plz visit my blog.(no intention for .advertisment)

You might also consider hp dv 6 ..dont knw the exact code . It comes with a better config than studio but with a AMD cpu .
The studio looks stylish and not flashy. For girls go for the red or pink with gloss.
Sound Blaster Audigy Card ??? Did you get a hardware sound card or just that audigy software edition thing ?

And I think your config costs 48K today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom