Suggest a gud DigiCam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroNits

Broken In
hey... i wanna buy a digicam in d range of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000... i want atleast 5 or 6 mega pixels wid atleast 4x zoom... n a decent internal memory wid a sleek design... kindly suggest...

also, what other specifications shud i luk for in a digicam??

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
hey i reccpmended w50 cuz digit gave it the best digicam award & i also own it..it is very good...but u know u could wait a while cuz the digit digicam shootout is just around the corner

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
The best camera which wins hands down in the 10-15k range according to me (I test cameras myself and don't depend on reviews), is the Canon Ixus 60. It is a 6 megapixel camera with 3x Optical Zoom and is as intelligent as cameras can get. It costs just 11k. You'll be amazed at its compactness. It comes along with a mobile phone like pouch which you can clip it on to your waist belt. And if you can stretch your budget a bit and size doesn't matter, you can go in for a Canon Powershot S3IS which is 16k. 12X zoom and big lens. If you want Image stabilization in the Ixus range (i.e. if you want compactness) you can go for the Canon IXUS 800IS.

One more reason Why I'm suggesting Canon over Sony is the memory stick is not proprietary. SD cards or MMC cards you name the make, it works on a Canon.

NitroNits said:
i got canon A550.... n it rocks! thanx

Great Mr.NitroNits, welcome to the Canon family. :)

Last edited:

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@ NitroNits
hey nice buy, but i guess A550 lacks shutter and aerture priorty mode. well on 1st may i got myself a canon eos 350d from mumbai jj mehta.

nik_for_you

In the zone
canon ixus series is best one.
sleek design, compact and best result, nice battery life.
One suggession never buy digicam with AA batteries.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
nik_for_you said:
canon ixus series is best one.
sleek design, compact and best result, nice battery life.
One suggession never buy digicam with AA batteries.

Why not? I have a Canon Ixus 60 and a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2. The sony has 2 AA rechargeable batteries Ni-MH. I haven't had any problem at all. Good battery life. You cannot genaralize that AA batteries are bad. Original Sony batteries are good.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Can't rate the brands. Can only rate the models. Some models maybe better in one brand. Some others in another brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom