SUGGEST A GPU for Adobe After Effects and PCSX2 !!!

Bytebolt

Broken In
Please Help !! I am new to GPU's .

My Pc Config Is :

AMD Anthlon x2 255 3.1 GHz
Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P Motherboard
and a 2 GB RAM

I want to buy a GPU for around 6,000 (tell if that will not be enough) that can run PCSX2 (for games like Dragon Ball BT 3 , God Of War 1) and Adobe After Effects at a good rendering speed. Should i upgrade RAM also ??

Also tell why my integrated graphics not sufficient ?? (I have already tested after effects and it becomes unstable at higher level of layers) DXDIAG.exe shows 1024 MB of memory and i have already installed the drivers that were given with the gigabyte CD ...

Thanx In Advance :D

Last edited:

panwala95

In the zone
for pcxs2 any gpu supporting dx 9.0c will suffice
for 6k the best you can get is a hd 6770
but i think for aftereffects youll need a stronger cpu and ram than that........

OP
Bytebolt

Bytebolt

Broken In
for pcxs2 any gpu supporting dx 9.0c will suffice
for 6k the best you can get is a hd 6770
but i think for aftereffects youll need a stronger cpu and ram than that........

Plese If you Can elaborate the model brand i m really a newbie and by dx 9.0 , do you mean directx 9.0 and also what about my onbord graphics, are they only for show ??

acewin

Point Blanc
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0)
This is your mobo buy 4 GB RAM chip (they are chap and will cost you 1.2K or so no worries about FSB as they automatically get lowered as per your RAM slots)) as well to make total 6 GB RAM, I hope u have 64 bit OS otherwise in 32 bit windows u can use max of 3GB RAM
also can u put CPU-Z report for RAM
onboard gfx are not made for such high softwares, and neither will have enough memory, so what happens is proccy moves the load to RAM

akky89

Journeyman
i would say go for powercolor hd 7750 it will cost you around 6.6K
though performance vise 6770 and 7750 are more or less same but 7750 is more future proof and consumes less power.

OP
Bytebolt

Bytebolt

Broken In
i would say go for powercolor hd 7750 it will cost you around 6.6K
though performance vise 6770 and 7750 are more or less same but 7750 is more future proof and consumes less power.

A review reveals that it doesn't even need a 6pin power cable to be connected to it and i read in the forum itself that only low end GPU's doesn't require 6 pin connecter.

Any Views ??

panwala95

In the zone
now days due to decreased fabrication sizes and reduced power consumption low-mid end cards are also coming without pcie power connectors

akky89

Journeyman
well your queries are already answered..
7750 is better and more future proof gfx solution
go with 1GB GDDR5 and you'll be happy with the outcome
it will consume less power and deliver more performance.

akky89

Journeyman
BTW PCSX2 depends more on CPU than the GPU

that was i thinking too..
it depends on SSE3, SSE4 instruction sets.... which are supported by intel cpu better
cause gpu just produce the graphics which should be first calculated by cpu
thus playing games using pcx2 is very cpu dependent..

panwala95

In the zone
i dont agree
i used to play god of war 2 on my p4 + 512 mb ddr2 ram + 945 chipset igpu just fine
it is obvious
how much of a cpu will a 12 year old console have?

OP
Bytebolt

Bytebolt

Broken In
:shock: But i also want to run after effects. However it is running fine in my rig without GPU at low resolution, i wondered that it will work fine with a GPU ? What next ? Any other suggestion?

akky89

Journeyman
:shock: But i also want to run after effects. However it is running fine in my rig without GPU at low resolution, i wondered that it will work fine with a GPU ? What next ? Any other suggestion?
if you are happy with the performance of it
then IMO you can go with the gpu it will help in resolution.

Top Bottom