Suggest a good PC case 2024

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have been thinking of getting a new case for my PC to replace my aging Corsair 300R. I am looking to replace it with a spacious and well ventilated case with support for several 3.5 inch and 2.5 inch drives as well as several fan brackets. Build quality must be great as well and resistant to dust since I live in an area with a lot of construction going on.

I haven't thought about the budget, but I am flexible between 10k to 15k.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Several slots for mech drives is the problem of the current gen.
You would be lucky to find a tower cabinet with more than three 3.5" drive slots.

K_akash_i

In the zone
*www.ezpzsolutions.in/phanteks-enthoo-pro-2-620-argb-satin-black-tg-cabinet/
If the link doesn't work phanteks enthoo pro 2
I want to know if u are looking for something like this or something else.
12*3.5 bays and 11*2.5

Gollum

Collector
12*3.5 bays and 11*2.5
This looks great for 2.5" drives but I don't see and provision for 3.5" drives.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think something like this case suits you : www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/chassis/cabinet/lian-li-lancool-206-black-g99-lan206rx-in?sort=p.price&order=ASC
if you wanna go overboard with budget, can consider this one : www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/chassis/cabinet/lian-li-o11-vision-cabinet-black-g99-o11vx-in?sort=p.price&order=ASC

fans are extra in the second case i guess

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
One more requirement I have I forgot to mention, though not very high importance, is a no-RGB case if possible. I could get RGB via fans, but the case itself should not have RGB if possible.
12*3.5 bays and 11*2.5
Seems a bit overkill. Currently I have two 3.5'' drives and one SSD. I might buy one more SSD and HDD each later but perhaps not more. I think 4 3.5 bays and 4 2.5 bays should be enough.

I think something like this case suits you : www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/chassis/cabinet/lian-li-lancool-206-black-g99-lan206rx-in?sort=p.price&order=ASC
if you wanna go overboard with budget, can consider this one : www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/chassis/cabinet/lian-li-o11-vision-cabinet-black-g99-o11vx-in?sort=p.price&order=ASC

fans are extra in the second case i guess
I like the O11 more but the ~30 cm width makes it a bit too wide for my desktop setup. IO on the bottom is also a bit problematic since I like to keep my portable HDDs and other USB peripherals on top of the case. I might be able to make it work if I keep it at the edge of my table. Will have to think about it a bit more.

Also, all that glass is making me a bit nervous. Moving it around might be risky.

There's also coolermaster cm694 - 13k
And HAF XB II Evo - 11k
The CM694 does not look like it would support my GPU length. My current Corsair 300R has a gap in the drive bays for the GPU. Also the design looks a bit too old fashioned. The HAF XB II Evo does not look like a tower form factor.

Lancool III

4x 3.5" & 8x 2.5" together is pretty good

This looks good, though it appears to be a model from 2022. Are there any newer models worth considering?

K_akash_i

In the zone
One more requirement I have I forgot to mention, though not very high importance, is a no-RGB case if possible. I could get RGB via fans, but the case itself should not have RGB if possible.

Seems a bit overkill. Currently I have two 3.5'' drives and one SSD. I might buy one more SSD and HDD each later but perhaps not more. I think 4 3.5 bays and 4 2.5 bays should be enough.
About the RGB: I only saw the jayztwocents video. Link. It does not show any fans coming with it. It is a bit overkill yes

K_akash_i

In the zone
There is an Asus proart PA602, but 5-7k more expensive, I think it pretty much matches what you need.

Silverstone CS380 ATX midtower sst-cs-380b -13.8k . It's an old design, no front facing fans, Instead the from area is used as a means to hot swap drives ( it looks like it.). I think this is more of server cabinet.

MSI mpg sekira 500g - 14.5k and below
(It's a full tower tho)

ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 E-ATX - this has RGB , but a cool case with enough storage ( 4 hybrid bays and 3*2.5" bays) -11.7k

Nzxt h7 flow - 4+2 storage - 12.2k

Phanteks p600s - similar to enthoo but a better design and you can remove the front panel to use the mesh front panel directly for better airflow - it goes for 15k

Last edited:
This looks good, though it appears to be a model from 2022. Are there any newer models worth considering?
Why fix something if nothing is wrong? Check its Gamers Nexus review. Heck if old Lancool II Mesh was still in sale, I'd easily recommend that to most people at 8k even in 2024.

PS - I own it & is a great case but sadly not available anymore. I will say no other 8k case matches Lancool II Mesh even now except for ones with 360mm rad support at top which is a con of my case but air cooling FTW.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, after reviewing all features, it seems the Lancool III might be the most suitable for me. It has bays for up to four 3.5 inch HDDs and several SSD mount points. Only that the dust filter kit comes separate. Let me earmark this one.

Edit: Seems to be out of stock everywhere though.

Last edited:

K_akash_i

In the zone
Yeah, this actually looks pretty good. But availability seems questionable.
It's available on Amazon and primeabgb, tho case is amazing, the price is hefty.
Edit: Amazon one was the US site. But prime abgb has one left.
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...id-tower-cabinet-black-proart-pa602-tg-black/

Last edited:
Yeah, after reviewing all features, it seems the Lancool III might be the most suitable for me. It has bays for up to four 3.5 inch HDDs and several SSD mount points. Only that the dust filter kit comes separate. Let me earmark this one.

Edit: Seems to be out of stock everywhere though.
Amazon has white one in stock for 15k, it was 13k normally earlier. Check in upcoming sale with card offers.

www.pcstudio.in/product/lian-li-lancool-iii-rgb-eatx-mid-tower-cabinet-with-tempered-glass-panel-white/

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I'd personally like a black one. Let's see if I see one in stock.

I will keep options open in the meanwhile.

quicky008

Technomancer
Corsair used to manufacture great cases earlier-however in the recent years their quality seems to have taken a nosedive and they hardly offer a few generic cases (which are probably rebranded chinese products) as of now.

Even i have been looking for a suitable replacement for my corsair 400r,but haven't found any as most modern cases lack provision for mounting 3 or more HDDs and don't feature any optical drive bays.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Lian li case @omega44-xt suggested supports up to 4 3.5 inch HDDs. You could consider that.

Do you still use DVD drives? You could consider switching to USB based DVD drives.

Top Bottom