Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hello guys..

i would like to buy a new graphics card. My specifications are

256 MB graphics card
PCI Express Slot
Price range - 2500-3500 Rs

Please suggest me a good graphics card. Also suggest which of NVidia or ATI Radeon is better..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think 8400GS is for 2.6 k and an 8400Gt is for 3.4k range. Ita probably better.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

GTA SA runs fine but more present games like BioShock will run in lower 800x600 with medium or low settings with 8400 GS its Rs. 2650/- take a loot at here, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65606

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
@cheeta

btw, what is DVI cable ? i didnot heard about that.. i m sorry... i m completely a newbie in graphics card terms..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
You dont need one unless you have a Display device like a TFT which has DVI Interface...

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

DVI gives better Response time and better picture quality than Traditional Analog connector which we use with traditioncal CRT monitor...

8400 GS has both out put DVI and Analog too.. so no need to scrach ur head for DVI :p

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
well.. then cool :)
so.. 8400 GS is better for basic gamers.. i think i can go with that.. (cheaper too ;) )
btw, whats the diff between GS and GT
also.. what is XFX ??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes 8400 series is sufficient for basic games. xfx is the company which manufactures and markets the gfx cards. gs and gt are the two version of the same chipset based cards which haf a slight performance difference.

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
which one is better GS or GT?
is the price almost same for any manufacturer? if no.. what is the price for XFX 8400 GS and XFX 8500 GT

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
GT's the better one i think....you could also look for Gforce 7 series... wud be better in performance for the same cost...but not with DX10 support...
digi's article was quite good on gfx cards this time...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
the card has 256 mb integrated ram and can share 256 mb of system ram to make it 512mb total . dont bother with the memory low-mid end , it doesnt matter although higher the better . . . wat i'm trying to say is i wud prefer 256 mb 8400GS instead of 512mb 8400GS if the price diff is 1k + . higher memory( 512mb + ) will help u enable extreme eye-candy in some games and more importantly allow u to play at much higher resolutions .this cant be acheived with low-end cards so dont bother with much high mem like 512mb in low end models now. .

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
well.. i have 1 gb DDR dual channel enabled RAM.. I would go for XFX GeForce 8400 GS with 256 MB.
What is so special about XFX ??
why is everyone suggesting GS instead of GT, if GT has got DDR3 and high performance?? is the cost difference of 800 as stated above high for the perfomance gain??

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ur system ram is way slower compared to ram on the g-card . i dunno abt the performance diff between 8400GS and GT . i didnt know that 8400GT existed , i thot only 8400GS was there . XFX uses higher quality components like capacitors , PCB , etc.. which are more stable and allow better OCing . thats y xfx , evga(not in india AFAIK ) , BFG ( not in india AFAIK ) are preferred .

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
well.. i m new to this graphics card stuff.. i thought i should buy one and started searching for.. everyone's openions are different.. finally, most ppl suggested to go for 8400GS. I m not sure whether 8400GT is present.. Well..I m residing at college hostel.. and i have very few resources for buying these things... If i couldnot manage to buy an XFX card, does that matter a lot in performance ?? what about the price.?? are XFX expensive than others??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Yaar, GT for 8400 or 8500 is waste of money :lol:

XFX is widelly available and at any place of India 8400 GS will not going to corss Rs. 3k incl any tax or duty :lol:

at Kolkata its Rs. 2600/- + TAX for XFX 8400 GS

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom