Suggest a good 27'' monitor

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I was also thinking of 2 monitors until I started noticing the black bar in center in all the pics/videos and currently I use monitor to watch movies that black bar in center will be bad and watching movie on monitor not kept in middle will also bother. So I decided to start looking for ultrawides. Though I am aware of Netflix/Prime black bars on right and left side of the screen.
Cost of 1440p 120Hz is really high and 1440p ultrawides are good above 32", that adds even more cost to the monitor. Is this is main reason deciding against ultrawides or there are other issues while using it.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The black bar is a non issue if you are using it for productivity. For multi-monitor gaming however it will be a problem.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You game on Linux? How's the experience?
It's not bad though not as seamless either. Sometimes something might break so you will have to be prepared to open the hood and tinker around a bit.

As for the actual experience, I have posted some of my gameplay videos here - *www.youtube.com/channel/UCXURuNkdQOgBWOgr2AeN06w

Though I have played a lot more games than these on Linux.

setanjan123

In the zone
It's not bad though not as seamless either. Sometimes something might break so you will have to be prepared to open the hood and tinker around a bit.

As for the actual experience, I have posted some of my gameplay videos here - *www.youtube.com/channel/UCXURuNkdQOgBWOgr2AeN06w

Though I have played a lot more games than these on Linux.
Damn you have been seriously underutilising your card with that monitor lol. Happy high refresh gaming now. Especially something like Doom Eternal at 144hz is awesome.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, though I don't think I'll get full 144Hz on Doom Eternal. But perhaps I will with FSR.

Top Bottom