Suggest a good 27'' monitor

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am thinking of upgrading my monitor from the current 1080p 24'' to a new 1440p 27'' monitor.

1. Budget? Below 25k, but I can extend if there are better options.
2. Display type and size? IPS 27'' or better. 1440p at least and high refresh rate preferable.
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? General purpose use, movies/videos and gaming.
4. Types and number of ports required? HDMI or Displayport.
5. Preferred choice of brand? None in particular.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? Nope.
7. Any other info that you want to share. Nope.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if you can extend a bit :
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-EX2780Q-Monitor-Channel-Metallic/dp/B07X8HBHJP/ref=psdc_1375425031_t3_B082HGYB1W

in your budget:
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2780Q-Enterta...2595397031&rnid=1464361031&s=computers&sr=1-4

*www.amazon.in/Acer-Professional-Ad...2595397031&rnid=1464361031&s=computers&sr=1-6

This one is downright sexy:
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Edgeless-Moni...2595397031&rnid=1464361031&s=computers&sr=1-7

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How's Benq as a company though? After sales service, etc?

Edit: One more thing, the display should be matte finish and non-reflective.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Got it. Overall it's not as big as I thought it would be. As in it seems just right. It is larger than my previous monitor but it's not very evident if I am like playing games or something.

It's noticeable when browsing the web however since the layout of most sites seem to be impacted a lot by the higher resolution.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Pics:
photo1630763977.jpeg

Size comparison to previous 24'' monitor (on left). I don't have too much free space for proper side by side lol.
photo1630763977_1.jpeg

Desktop
photo1630764149_2.jpeg

Forum layout
photo1630763977_3.jpeg

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That's Latte dock, you have to install it separately. I'm running Manjaro with KDE.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In both.

The mouse cursor movement is noticeably smoother as are window transition animations.

In games everything feels smoother, provided you get high enough frame rates.

D

Deleted member 345628

Edit: One more thing, the display should be matte finish and non-reflective.
is there a term for non-reflective displays ? I regret that my TV is reflective , its in hall room and i just hate it when the display reflects the outdoors .

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I read that ultrawides are good for coding and productivity. Lots of screen estate helps. So why you didn't go for ultrawide? Asking to know if you considered but didn't go with it and for what reason.

Top Bottom