So I am looking for a new good monitor.
For 55% Gaming
40% Movies
5% Other

Budget is Rs.10000/-

PC is powered by a MSI GTX 750Ti 2 GB
VGA , DVI, and HDMI are available.

I would love color accuracy.

(I wont buy Samsung / LG - they get complaints so soon).
I believe in brands like ViewSonic, AOC, BenQ, DELL

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -8,712.

Link:Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) - Buy Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
If you don't want a reflecting panel like S2216H then have a look at HP pavilion 22xw. It's the best monitor you can get under 10k.

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
If you don't want a reflecting panel like S2216H then have a look at HP pavilion 22xw. It's the best monitor you can get under 10k.

Price is almost 13 K in Amazon, and not available in FlipKart. it is beyond my budget. Looks good though....
and the Dell S2216H seems to have better response time.
HP's site is not giving much info!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply , I was not aware of it.

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
It is available on hp shopping for rs 10,390/-
You can get it cheaper locally. It is far superior than dell s2216h.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AOC i2276VWM 22" LED IPS -8,383.

Link:AOC I2276Vwm - LED monitor - 21.5 Inch Black Price in India - Buy AOC I2276Vwm - LED monitor - 21.5 Inch Black Online - Infibeam.com

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for hijacking but need to know about HP pavilion 22xw. Is it better than Dell S2240L?
Which HP monitor is better 22xw or 22cw of 22 fi ??

I need anitglare IPS panel under 10k, if anything better please let me know. Fed up of Mirror finish of dell S2240L.

Rajat Giri

Journeyman
22xw and 22cw have same specifications but with different colours. 22fi is an old model and discontinued maybe.
xw version is white and cw is black one so you can choose on the basis of colour.
I also had problem with the reflection of Dell S2240L.
I'm buying HP 22xw this week.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks

There is AOC I2276Vwm & the latest BenQ IPS monitor [unsure of the pricing]
VZ2250H - LCD Monitors - Products | BenQ India

How is benQ IPS compared to HP?

Is HP still getting monitors from Philips or some new OEM ?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Check out the BenQ EW2440L "24 "inch Monitor its Rs 9,599 on Shopeclues right now, a steal for that price, FHD, VA panel

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
Check out the BenQ EW2440L "24 "inch Monitor its Rs 9,599 on Shopeclues right now, a steal for that price, FHD, VA panel
But it is shopclues ... Notorious online shopping site. .
I am looking for options from sites like amazon and Flipkart , which offer fast and safe product delivery .
Bluedart and DTDC in my area does a bad job with fragile items ...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
But it is shopclues ... Notorious online shopping site. .
I am looking for options from sites like amazon and Flipkart , which offer fast and safe product delivery .
Bluedart and DTDC in my area does a bad job with fragile items ...

Shopclues is safe I believe, they haven't got the same acceptance as amazon or flipkart but they are far from notorious, and the seller is mobtab a reputed eBay seller. As far as shipping is concerned, the packing for fragile items are usually stellar, and on top of that as the seller is a reputed one I'm sure they know how to pack it safely.

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
It says not suitable for higher frame rate games ... Why ?
It seems to have a low response time ...

I have no idea why the reviewer said that, 4ms response time is more than adequate for gaming. It also also has a flicker-free screen, Low Blue Light and allows you to connect your phone/tablet via MHL (if supported by phone also). here are some alternate reviews, Review 1 and Review 2

OP
S

shijilt

Journeyman
I have no idea why the reviewer said that, 4ms response time is more than adequate for gaming. It also also has a flicker-free screen, Low Blue Light and allows you to connect your phone/tablet via MHL (if supported by phone also). here are some alternate reviews, Review 1 and Review 2

I think it is the refresh rate , with 60Hz refresh rate , there will be a ghosting effect if the game frame rate gos above that ...
But that is the matter for those who use GTX 980 or Titan !!!
I am using GTX 750Ti , and I wont be able to go above 60 FPS on most games.
GTA V in 720 p is playing @ 60-65 FPS!!
in 1080 p it will be less than 60 FPS with less details.

This seems to be a good monitor in features.
I like the low blue light and anti flicker options.
Now I am using F.LUX to reduce blue light....

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I think it is the refresh rate , with 60Hz refresh rate , there will be a ghosting effect if the game frame rate gos above that ...
But that is the matter for those who use GTX 980 or Titan !!!
I am using GTX 750Ti , and I wont be able to go above 60 FPS on most games.
GTA V in 720 p is playing @ 60-65 FPS!!
in 1080 p it will be less than 60 FPS with less details.

This seems to be a good monitor in features.
I like the low blue light and anti flicker options.
Now I am using F.LUX to reduce blue light....
Yep, since its 60hz (almost all budget monitors are 60hz) it can never go above 60 fps, and since you have a 750ti it should be fine. I use F.lux on my laptop its a relief in the evenings/nights, and its a plus point that a similar feature is built into the monitor.

Top Bottom