Suggesions reqires for Mobo procy combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

surinder

Tech addict
Hi guys I'm going to have a chance to get an upgrade without spending a single penny for so. A good deal of 8K has been offered to me for my existing E7300 + Asus P5KPL-CM by an INTEL fan.Although my scheduled upgrade for nehalem is still four to five months away,but I found no harm to accept this offer and swich to AMD's AM3 platform specially with no extra cost.

So here is my suppose to be the next combo.

Proccy AMD Phenom II X2 545 @4.8K
Mobo Bioster A760G M2+ @2.8K
And of course I shell add another two GB of RAM.

I have half a month left for upgrade and I'm looking for good advise on other considerable VFM combos under 8K (excluding RAM price).My system runs twelve hours a day and my uses pattern is something like that 60% downloading plus surfing 20% HD videos and 20% for gaming.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would pick a solid 780G mobo from gigabyte or ASUS. I don't trust in cheap grade manufacturing process used in these sub 3k mobos.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Hi guys I'm going to have a chance to get an upgrade without spending a single penny for so. A good deal of 8K has been offered to me for my existing E7300 + Asus P5KPL-CM by an INTEL fan.Although my scheduled upgrade for nehalem is still four to five months away,but I found no harm to accept this offer and swich to AMD's AM3 platform specially with no extra cost.

So here is my suppose to be the next combo.

Proccy AMD Phenom II X2 545 @4.8K
Mobo Bioster A760G M2+ @2.8K
And of course I shell add another two GB of RAM.

I have half a month left for upgrade and I'm looking for good advise on other considerable VFM combos under 8K (excluding RAM price).My system runs twelve hours a day and my uses pattern is something like that 60% downloading plus surfing 20% HD videos and 20% for gaming.

You could get a Biostar 780g motherboard for about Rs 3200- theyre cheap but pretty reliable.....but if you are interested in unlocking the 2 extra cores in the Phenom II x2, then you have to get the Phenom II x2 550 Black edition processor instead of the one that you have mentioned.

You also need a motherboard with ACC(advanced clock calibration).Only 785g and 790 chipsets support it. Theres a biostar 785g at Rs 4100, you could get it.

This may require to up your budget a bit, but an unlocked phenom II x2 performance is similar to that of a quad core.

For a list of batch numbers of successful processor unlocks, go here :
*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227004

OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
Ya Desiibond I'm agree with you Bioster A760G M2+ may not be that reliable but then again I have to stick with it for just six months at most and warranty period on this board is much more then that.

Geeky Boy your suggested approach feels really mouth watering but it is very dicey because other two cores which are factory locked may be or may be not functional after unlocking so extra 1.8K can go in vain and warranty may be also gone as well although I'm not sure about it.

BTW anyone can please figure out percentage of chances for other two functional cores as if it is more likely to have four fully functional cores on Phenom II x2 550 BE after unlocking other two cores then I shell go for it and if chances are less then say 60% then I shall stick with A760G + Ph II X2 545.

Last edited:
OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
Hang on guys I got the price of Bioster A785G is 3.2K and Phenom II X2 BE goes for 5.2K. Well now I'm more towards this setup and shell test my luck to unlock other two cores as difference is now just 0.8K with A760G + Ph II X2 545 combo. So let me know if there are any hiccups in this combo and which version of BIOS is more likely to come up with rosy results. Have anybody tried and got success on 785G chipset as yet?

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
One thing... If you are going for an upgrade to Core i7 in four or five months. Lets say even 6 months, I would say that hold on to what you have. Sell them off when you are going for the upgrade and add the the cash into the upgrade! The offer you mentioned is good, but just to put it may not cost you a penny but it certainly doesn't get you anywhere in the upgrade ladder. And resale value of Intel is higher than AMD i think!

OP
surinder

surinder

Tech addict
Hell_storm2006 well A785G board + Phenom II X2 550BE plus two more unlocked cores (if my luck works my way) by adding just 0.4K for upgrade from what I have, I don't think is a bad enough offer to refuse.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Well if that mobo has an updated BIOS then forget unlocking cores! The rig you mentioned is certainly good so if you are fine with it you can certainly go with it. i7 rigs would become a little bit cheaper in that time. Maybe the processor wont be cheap, but DDR3 RAM's will certainly see some drop in prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom