suggent mp3 player <10k (Sony or Creative only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
suggest mp3 player <10k (Sony or Creative only)

pl suggest a good mp3 player(SSD) below 10k.

i dont consider no more extra functions other than sound/build quality.

im confusing to buy sony/Creative..
which one is best at sound quality at <10K.

i dont have any idea to buy Apple iPod..
since my friend already have it and its sound quality is only average while compared to sony/creative's premium brand.

pl suggest exact model No.

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I don't understand it. Apple's iPod offers the best music quality. Besides, you can get the Nano 3G video for less than 10 K.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I don't understand it. Apple's iPod offers the best music quality

s.. simple...but its true..
i have tested ipods (both classics and nano series) and some sony walkman series mobile with Sony MDR W08 headphone..

the sound quality is average while compared to walkman series mobile..
if you cant belive.. just do it yourself..

i think, nothing can beat sony by means of Sound quality.
so i would like to stick with sony /creative..

kapsicum

spice it up
hey Betruger,
one thing u MUST consider when choosing a Mp3 player is the Drag & Drop of Mp3 files to the player ..... for ease of use...
since i know a friend of mine had got an Sony mp3 player in recent past n was very much annoyed with its mandatory using of its propriety Software to download the file on the drive/player... coz a lot of times we just dont download from our own PC installed with the propriety Software but also from our Friends or College & Office ;) PC's too

i know a lot of ppl will agree with me...
atleast its a Feature I always look for in a MP3 player

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
thanks kapsicum for your info..

but i will ready to spend some minutes for transfers..if it will have amazing sound quality ..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
within 10k u will get a MP4 player with gud sound quality both sony & creative r good
brands....so test ne1 then choose ne1...:D

I think their shud b a priority:

1) Long Lasting Battery
2) Crystal Clear Sound :cool:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
s.. simple...but its true..
i have tested ipods (both classics and nano series) and some sony walkman series mobile with Sony MDR W08 headphone..

the sound quality is average while compared to walkman series mobile..
if you cant belive.. just do it yourself..

i think, nothing can beat sony by means of Sound quality.
so i would like to stick with sony /creative..

I think the iPod didn't sound good due to the earphones. The bundled earphones are crap. To get a taste of the iPod's sound quality, you need some good earphones. I listened to some music on my friend's iPod + Bose earphones and it sounded superb.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I think the iPod didn't sound good due to the earphones. The bundled earphones are crap. To get a taste of the iPod's sound quality, you need some good earphones.

no.. my dear friend..
just plug any sony MDR W series earphone to any ipod.. feel the difference..:cool::cool::cool:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I don't know anyone with a Sony Walkman series..... Are the earphones the same as those with the Cybershot series? I know a guy with a CB K790i....

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
no.. its not for walkman series..
MDR W-series mid-level earphones are specially made for Sony media players..

i have using a converter to use this earphone with mobiles..
crystal clear treble, strong bass, excellent noice cancellation..

napster007

Padawan
for sub 10k i would suggest u go for the creative zen 8gb model. its got everything u need plus an extendible mem slot!

if u can spare 3k more.....u should go for the new creative x-fi! it'll blow ur mind!

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
s.. you are correct..
i have decided to buy creative x-fi!.. for its amazing sound..
but where to buy.
i am in chennai.
do you know..

update:

i bought creative x-fi (8GB)for 9900+ through online store..
anyway thanks for suggestions..

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@@Betruger, great choice.

check this one too: *www.sony.co.in/product/nwz-a726

Comes bundled with in-ear headphones.
but it has 4Gig memory. For around 10k, you get 8Gig/16Gig model in USA.

and yes, you are right, Sony's and Creative's are lot lot lot better when compared to Apple's.

+1

And Creative ZEN 4GB for around 8k was good with Video too....

If u want pure MP3 get iPod.. real steal deal...

FYI, Zen 4gig price is around 5k now.

hmm pure MP3? triple filtered and distilled, purity like Parachute coconut oil????

LOLZ.

You know what real steal deal is. Getting a better and clean sounding mp3 player with bigger screen, having FM, speaker, audio recording, double the disc space for the price of a nano. That's real steal deal.

I think the iPod didn't sound good due to the earphones. The bundled earphones are crap. To get a taste of the iPod's sound quality, you need some good earphones. I listened to some music on my friend's iPod + Bose earphones and it sounded superb.

Seriously, You have to check Sony mp3 walkman and you will know the difference in ipod's quality and walkman's quality.

Last edited:
OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
thankx desipond...good reply..

i think, lot of myths have surrounded with ipods even it did not have any superior performance/features/sound quality...

if a person really loves music at every second, he should not consider the IPod as his bet.... this is my personal opinion..

anyhow, thanks for suggestions..

Last edited:

vamsi360

Always confused
AS FAR AS I KNOW

APPLE iPod Nano and Cowon D2 with Creative EP300 earphones sound better than (far better than) Creative and Sony offerings in the same price range.

If pure mp3 is your choice choose Cowon D2 or the Nano.I prefer Cowon D2 as it got the extra goodies.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
thankx desipond...good reply..

i think, lot of myths have surrounded with ipods even it did not have any superior performance/features/sound quality...

if a person really loves music at every second, he should not consider the IPod as his bet.... this is my personal opinion..

anyhow, thanks for suggestions..

Thanks mate

as napster said, go for X-Fi player. This one comes with EP830. Effectively you pay only 2k extra (you need to have atleast EP630 with Zen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom