Sudokool on linux - plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
hi friends
I have developed a game in java which is based on the popular sudoku puzzles.
preview
*img347.imageshack.us/img347/5704/preview4mt.th.gif
U can view more information about the game in the thread
here
Now the problem is that the game runs only in windows.
The main game file is an executable jar file.So double click on the file opens the game.
But in linux the jar files gets opened and shows the archived class files.
So plz help me ,how can i make the game run in linux ?
I cannot use applet bcoz the game interacts with the local files for saving records.
Moreover the java files are not compiling in linux.
I have recently installed FC4.When i try to compile java files on terminal,it gives the following warning (in case of inheritance)
eg.
class now extends JFrame
{
}
$javac now.java
Warning: The serializable class now does not declare a static final serialVersionUID field of type long

However the same file works perfectly well when run on Windows.The JVM on FC4 is 1.4.2 and even though i have installed the latest version of gcc(4.0.1)the problem still persists

Plz help me....[/url]

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Oh! Its working on my FC4 Box.
i just gave the command

Code:
java -jar Sudokool.jar

Well. but theres seems a problem for me. No numbers at all. all i see is some dots all over.
*img108.imageshack.us/img108/2113/screenshotsudokool2fe.th.png

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
which jre are u using on ur FC4?
I mean u seem to have upgraded the default jre1.4 to jre1.5.
if so plz tell me the source ie. rpm,or source ,better give me the link.
Well i think the problem lies in the layout manager of java in linux.
The same problem occured when i gave wrong size to buttons in windows.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i use jre1.5.0 update 5. No, i havent upgraded, it was a fresh install.

Downloaded it from java.sun.com

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
The problem might have solved if i had given resizing option.But i didn't give it to avoid any improper layout of buttons on resizing window.
Why don't u try to change resolution of ur screen.

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
no ,what i meant was that u change ur resolution... since u r now at 1024x768 plz try 800x600 ... may be that bring some change in the layout.

e-freak

Broken In
I am getting this message when i use java -jar Sudokool.jar

Invalid or corrupt jarfile Sudokool.jar

I am using jre1.4.2

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@e-freak: He has clearly mentioned here that this one will work smoothly on jre 1.5.0. Try using it.

@tech_cheetah: I tried 800x600, but still it doesnt seems to work. still shows some dots instead of numbers

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
There might be some problem during downloading due to which the jar file got corrupted.I advise e-freak to download again.
desertwind : u r right.. we should blame Sun for the so-called platform independent technology... we can clearly c the difference in the GUI in windows and in linux. So now i will have to optimise and recompile the game for linux :x

e-freak

Broken In
Ok now I tried the file on Windoze and WinRaR gives me an error while extracting itself! Tech_cheetah, please check the file on the link and get back.

e-freak

Broken In
Uhh... I cant really say when I will have to (unfortunately) boot into Windoze...so please give me a link to the jar file as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom