stupid superstitions in India

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, it's life cycle. It has be to like that only. Like the diagram we used to see in our childhood, Frog eats Insects, Snake eats Frog etc.

amjath

Human Spambot
Doing Pooja for the books and notebooks and don't touch them the whole day :p no offense to anyone

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Doing Pooja for the books and notebooks and don't touch them the whole day :p no offense to anyone
Damn. I have seen people taking pens, pencils, compass boxes and books to the priest for blessing one day before the exams. Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Also, there is no need to apologize.

amjath

Human Spambot
Its the ayudha pooja in Tamil Nadu, for which people does pooja for the things which give money. But school/college students does pooja for their notebooks. They apply sandal paste and kumkum powder on top of every notebooks.

Its written in Gita somewhere....
Human is the only being with intelligence and it can choose what to eat and what not.
Yes, we kill microorganisms breathing or indirectly, but can't avoid that. Point is to minimize the killing and pain,.

And nobody in my family follows, these stupid superstition.....
I'm too doubtful of god existence....

And why do people worship cow.....and killing other animals mindlessly...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^the reason for that is that a cow gives more food if kept alive, with milk, ploughing for agriculture and manure. So if a harsh winter comes along, keeping it alive is more sensible than eating it.

Guess a Horse should be as good too, by the same logic though.

People worship creations trees tulsi whatever,
Sun god etc

- - - Updated - - -

And Here we go people worshiping bullet bike:facepalm::facepalm:
[h=1]Bullet Raja: A temple where devotees worship a motorcycle with ‘supernatural powers’[/h][FONT=open_sansregular]#Jodhpur #Rajasthan If you are driving from Jodhpur to Pali, you can’t miss visiting a temple on your way, where devotees gather to worship an Enfield Bullet motorbike.[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]In this temple, that lies in a village called Bandayi (about 40 km from Jodhpur), there’s no idol to worship. Here, people bow their heads in front of a bike which they believe have supernatural powers.[/FONT]
link

amjath

Human Spambot
Do you guys heard of a temple in andhra for VISA [Some name] temple. If u go there definitely one gets VISA it seems :lol:

tkin

Back to school!!
Do you guys heard of a temple in andhra for VISA [Some name] temple. If u go there definitely one gets VISA it seems :lol:
Reaaaalllllyyyy??

And I thought that only Nepal sucked up to US: Visa Temple - The Times of India :lol:

Top Bottom