Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I want to clear the two black strips coming in videos or movies(specially hindi movies).
tell me a good software for that.if the software streach the video then also it works for me.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
It isn't the strips they add in the movie. The film frames are rendered in 16:9 ratio or ratios other than 4:3.
So the top and bottom black lines are areas which doesn't have any value. Its called Letterboxing.
Its done to keep the cinema style aspect ratio. Do you see such lines in theatres?

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
No. Your thinking is wrong... Hollywood movies also having that. But the Aspect ratio of Hollywood movie is 1.85:1 (US Cinema) and European Film Ratio is 1.66:1 (Indian Cinema). Hollywood DVDs uses almost PAN & SCAN to NTSC 16*9 ratio(1.2:1) method to reduce the black bars. But Stupid Indian Encoders, don't even care to convert it to PAL widescreen ratio(1.422:1). Even if it's converted, PAL has more width than NTSC. (1.422>1.2), So it will look as wide. Why don't you use a widescreen TV/LCD?(which is again 16*10 ratio!!!)

If you like, you can remove the black bars using a DVD encoders. You can 1. Pan & Scan or 2. Cut the sides (Don't try this with bad cinematographers!!!).

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman
If you don't want to spoil the fun of viewing the video on a widescreen monitor,
use the vlc media player and open the video file.
Navigate to Video>>Aspect ratio in the menu bar.
Set it to 4:3 for a normal monitor(non widescreen) and the video gets streched while viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom