Strange USB problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_timbuktoo

Broken In
I recently got an MTNL broadband connection . I use win98se and have a D-Link DSL 502-t ADSL router connected at the USB port for the broadband .

Everything works fine if the router is turned on before my system boots up but if I turn on the router after win 98 has booted , I am not able to connect to the net ( even though all LEDs are lit up normally ) . The only way around is to pull out the USB cable from the socket and reinsert it while the system is still on .

Any ideas ??? :?

( P.S. : I don't think the plug is loose )

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro seems ur Modem is Infamous in the Modem World ...got lot of bad reviews here..any ways...i dont think that 98 has the same support for USB as XP...and if i remember u have to Manually detect the USB devices for 98 using drivers(unlike XP which does it Automatically)..so try to start the modem when 98 is on..so that i can detect the USB Port .......OR else continue ur Procedure pull out the USB cable from the socket and reinsert it while the system is still on....

OP
T

_timbuktoo

Broken In
I tried google but was unable to find a solution :cry:

As far as detection is concerned - the USB LED does glow normally :?

I'm just not able to connect to the net - is this problem with all USB devices or is it specific to my stupid router ???

Is there at least a "software" way of getting the router detected instead of "pulling out the USB cable from the socket and reinserting it while the system is still on..." !!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom