Strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
Hi guyz i hv amd athlon xp 2500+....256 mb ram...i recently bought ati radeon 9200....now my problem is my monitor goes blank quite often and the monitor indicator turns orange(showing standby) frm green....sometimes it even hangs(mouse pointer also stops movin).....and i need to press reset button....in both the cases system shows possible culprit was ati radeon 9200 after restarting.... hv alrdy downloaded latest drivers but the problem still continues though less frequently...tell me whats the problem n how to work it out

Sourabh

Laptoping
Seems a power supply problem

have u powered the monitor thru the SMPS ??

make sure u have atleast a descent 350 W SMPS for ur system

getting a better, higher rating SMPS wod solve the problem

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
assuming ur were using onboard graphics prior to ur ati card ,
- check the bios settings for AGP , apeture and stuff connected with ur graphics .
- try changing these settings or if that doesnt work , reset the bios .
- have u uninstalled the previous drivers for ur old graphics ?
- which os u using ?
- just remove and reattach ur graphics card properly on ur m/b
- as stated above check the smps and temperatures of ur m/b , cpu etc
- check if u have the correct refresh rates setup

OP
chinmay

chinmay

Journeyman
Hey there...i checkd out everythingmmmi do hv a power supply 400w+....cleaned and replugged the cards...i for some reason(bad past experience of hard disk crash) dont wanna mess up with or update my bios settings...n dude u dun need to uninstall the previous driver (ati automatically upgrades it when installin da latest)....after cleanin my card my problem has reduced to a certain extent...i somehow hv the feelin that it is a mechanical problem.....achchaa dudes temme 1 thing....when a graphics card is powered by some company e.g. ati or nvidia...isnt it necessary for da same company to manufacture...in my gc box it ws written manufactured by mg speed....i've been given a duplicate thing?,,,i bought it 4 Rs 2900...its ati radeon 9200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom