Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
Hi everybody,
Have a good day.
I have been having a very bad time with my computer with one problem cropping up one after the other.
Firstly I had to replace my mobo because of graphics chipset getting heated up.
Now I bought a new P4GE-MX mobo to support my P4 1.7 processor.But again I am having problems which are very strange.
The problem is something related to my graphics or my RAM.When I play games like GTA Vice City I find the surroundings inside the game like shadows at times.For example,when I drive a car through a straight road, at a distance on the road I find black patch.When I reach that place I can see the buildings and people but the road,pavements,trees and fences are invisible.Then suddenly the graphics loads the trees and fences and I see everything.
Also my games are getting slowed up at certain times while playing.This slowness is also experienced at times while doing other works such as hearing music,watching movies etc.
I installed FREERAM XP PRO to find out the amount of RAM my system uses.It shows 54MB free RAM while running media player,one internet explorer window,volume icon on taskbar,nvidia help on taskbar and 3 icons on the desktop out of the total 256MB.
I have a separate graphics card and no memory is shared for on board graphics.Where does the remaining memory go?.I used to play the games on my old mobo at full settings comfortably.
Is any other hidden program using my RAM or should I get my RAM replaced.
Need help.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sayan Chatterjee :(

raj14

In Deniel
It seems that either your computer is effected with adware/spyware or you have lots of task and services running background, the normal idle system process ets up 32MBs of ram, reinstalling is a bad idea, since it's realy hairy and tediuos, firsty, use a Spyware Remover, and check your system for Adware and spyware, because most adwares, secretly eat your Ram and CPU, while giving you annoying mesages when you connect to the internet, like: setup has founded currupted files on your computer, visit xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx to remove it, or other similar messages, who give there self Messenger Service gimmick. press [CTRL] [ALT] [DEL] to bring task manager, in tasks bar, see any local service or third party service running? disbale it, avoid the warning. every time you do that it frees up Ram, secondy, go to Start> run> type services.msc and press enter, in the services tab, disable worthless services, i can't give you whcih service to disable since it depends on software installed, simply click on a service, to get details, if you think it is unimportant disable it. now again go to Start>run and type gpedit.msc in the services menu, click disable all, and procide, it's frees up Ram when you boot the pc, by clearing unnessary programs. now press [WINDOWS]+[PAUSE BREAK] to bring device manager go to: Advanced>Performance> settings>Advance> Virtual memory now set the memory to 512 MB choose your OS partitian, nok click st, and ok three times. finally, defrag your OS partain and the partian you have installed the game on.

anandk

Distinguished Member
run anti-virus in safe mode or at boot-time (avast or avg)
run anti-spyware ms anti-spy and adaware
use ccleaner or ace utilities to clear your pc junk
degragment your registry using registry compactor or tune-up utilities or system mechanic.
if u have too many start-ups, reduce them. use winpatrol.
defragment your disks.
all of above avlbl at www.download.com. :)

click following two links
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17845&highlight=
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21415&highlight=

hopefully it shud work. else as our friendhas already said...reformat !

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey man check sometihing... the problem was happening with me also. Upgrade to 512MB. But check FSB and RAM Module Speeds . The problem on my MOBO p4gemx was that the FSB was 533Mhz and i was using two 333MHz RAM Modules.. then i changed to 1 333 and other 266 modules which acted as 2 266MHz modules but then also the same problem remained. When i tried two 266Mhz modules my PC is working fine.

Tommygecko

Broken In
chatterjeesayan said:
Hi everybody,
Have a good day.
I have been having a very bad time with my computer with one problem cropping up one after the other.
Firstly I had to replace my mobo because of graphics chipset getting heated up.
Now I bought a new P4GE-MX mobo to support my P4 1.7 processor.But again I am having problems which are very strange.
The problem is something related to my graphics or my RAM.When I play games like GTA Vice City I find the surroundings inside the game like shadows at times.For example,when I drive a car through a straight road, at a distance on the road I find black patch.When I reach that place I can see the buildings and people but the road,pavements,trees and fences are invisible.Then suddenly the graphics loads the trees and fences and I see everything.
Also my games are getting slowed up at certain times while playing.This slowness is also experienced at times while doing other works such as hearing music,watching movies etc.
I installed FREERAM XP PRO to find out the amount of RAM my system uses.It shows 54MB free RAM while running media player,one internet explorer window,volume icon on taskbar,nvidia help on taskbar and 3 icons on the desktop out of the total 256MB.
I have a separate graphics card and no memory is shared for on board graphics.Where does the remaining memory go?.I used to play the games on my old mobo at full settings comfortably.
Is any other hidden program using my RAM or should I get my RAM replaced.
Need help.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sayan Chatterjee :(

turn the frame limiter inside vice city to on.problem solved.

shark

Broken In
Re: Strange Problem-here is the solution

I know its hard to say but face it.

Buy a new conputer or stop playing games with it.

Better to follow my advice than struggle with a old computer.

I'm sorry but that was my problem too till I got my new o'l LADY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom