Strange Modem/Internet Problem

Have you ever got HELP from the Digit team regarding your computer problems when you have mailed the

• 2. Yes Once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i am using a Reliance Fixed Wireless Phone (FWP) to connect to the internet using their R-Connect service. recently i have started facing a strange and very irritating problem with my connection or modem (i dont know the culprit) . the problem is everytime i connect to the internet and then surf and then disconnect or get disconnected , and after gettting d/c when i try to connect again my connection gives me an error saying that

Error 633

If this is a dial-up connection, the COM port that the network connection attempted to use is already in use by another active network connection or another process (for example, a phone line monitoring program, such as a fax program). Quit the application that is blocking the use of the COM port.

If this is a virtual private network (VPN) connection, the VPN device that the network connection attempted to use cannot be opened. If the problem persists, see your system administrator.

Sometimes the r-connect tab just shows "Connecting to the device " but it does not connect.

But this problem is solved after i restart my computer and then connect via r-connect. it requires me to restart everytime i get disconnected which is very annoying and often makes me lose my work. Somebody please help.

iinfi

mekalodu
i too faced this problem earlier ....

jus uninstall the RConnect s/w
remove the modem (important)

then restart ur PC
then install RConnect
restart

ur problem sud be solved

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@iinfi
thanx buddy but i have already tried that and the problem still persists:( any more solutions ?

@it_waaznt_me
i have never received a reply to any of my queries from digit so i thought of conducting a poll to find out how many users face the same problem :) no offence meant to anybody here.

iinfi

mekalodu
initially i had a lot of problems .... with my RConnect
even after i followed my above given steps

i do it 2-3 times each time after load a new OS (means whenever i reload my OS after formatting ....)

after loading RConnect 2-3 times it works ...

well if the problem persists PM me ur e-mail ID ... i will send u another version of RConnect s/w which is not available on Reliance website (i assume urs is a LSP-340E fone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom