Strange issue with SMART status of external HDD

sam1

Journeyman
hi guys, I recently bought a western digital elements 1 TB HDD. While checking for SMART status with the data lifeguard diagnostics utility, the status is shown as FAILED. However, with other tools like HDDScan / CrystalDiskInfo, the status is always shown as PASS. The drive is usable though and the data transfer speeds (both read/write) are decent.
Could there be a problem with the data lifeguard diagnostics utility (I've downloaded the latest version)? My other WD drives (internal or external) are displayed as PASS with the same tool. Has anyone else faced a similar problem? Should I not be concerned for the time being?
I have tried checking after formatting the drive too - same result.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hi guys, I recently bought a western digital elements 1 TB HDD. While checking for SMART status with the data lifeguard diagnostics utility, the status is shown as FAILED. However, with other tools like HDDScan / CrystalDiskInfo, the status is always shown as PASS. The drive is usable though and the data transfer speeds (both read/write) are decent.
Could there be a problem with the data lifeguard diagnostics utility (I've downloaded the latest version)? My other WD drives (internal or external) are displayed as PASS with the same tool. Has anyone else faced a similar problem? Should I not be concerned for the time being?
I have tried checking after formatting the drive too - same result.

can you post a screenshot of smart data?

OP
S

sam1

Journeyman
Here you go (could not upload directly to the DIGIT forum) -
imgur: the simple image sharer

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
post crystaldisk info screenshot(use portable zip version with no need to install),can't get anything useful from this screenshot.

Top Bottom