Storage of files online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I've got certain files which I wish to store online. I don't want to expire like Rapidshare or similar filehosting sites as it will expire if there is no activity. Also, I am not able to upload it to Gmail file sizer larger than 20MB. I would like to know if there are any sites/servers which will store it for me till I wish to abort the service myself.

Thanks in advance.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

I couldn't find the filespace they are offering to store the files. The site is too cluttered to check correctly!!

go4saket

Try 4shared.com
I store all my files in this. It has really good features including file shareing. Your files would never expire if you log in your account atleast once in a month

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

go4saket said:
Try 4shared.com
I store all my files in this. It has really good features including file shareing. Your files would never expire if you log in your account atleast once in a month

Thanks for this, but I don't want expiration. I've mentioned in the first post itself.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Why don't you try Gmail drive.
Its a shell extension that allows you to use Gmail as a virtual drive.

anandk

Distinguished Member
click Achieve long-term archieving with ROAMDRIVE.

"...it can presently be configured with hotmail, gmail and yahoo accounts. just drag and drop the folders which u wish to store ..."

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*fileupyours.com/
100mb space... never expires

*www.mediafire.com/frequently_asked_questions.php
No limit to expiry. Even if there comes a time when they've to remove... eventually... they'll intimate via ur email address.
100% Free, Unlimited Disk Space, Upload an Unlimited Number of Files, Serve Unlimited Downloads, No Waits, Lines, or Queues, Easily Email Files After Uploading, No Sign Up Required

Box.net & OmniDrive r both good with 1GB space. Box.net is better when it comes to uploading pics as a gallery sorta folder is created which can be given a public link to be publicly displayed. Free Gallery!!! OmniDrive has the advantage that u can get direct links to the files, thus helpin store files for ur website in it and directly linkin to them via omnidrive. No need of goin via the Omnidrive site, as in Box.net or other sites.

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Try Esnips
*www.esnips.com/

eSnips is a social content-sharing site, where you can publish and share any media type. You have practically unlimited flexibility in choosing what you want to share, and with whom, in 1GB of free space.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
esnips warns of file deletion if not touched every 3 months. It may not happen for light users. But if u've considerable amounts of esnipped data... chances r u'll lose them in case u don't access every 3 months @least.

But phreakOutt... if u want better features & reliability than those in this list... u might've to pay... all these r free.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
phreak0utt said:
I've got certain files which I wish to store online. I don't want to expire like Rapidshare or similar filehosting sites as it will expire if there is no activity. Also, I am not able to upload it to Gmail file sizer larger than 20MB. I would like to know if there are any sites/servers which will store it for me till I wish to abort the service myself.

Thanks in advance.

How much size do you want and FTP is needed or HTTP is ok. IF HTTP IS OK, TRY THIS ONE, YOU CAN UPLOAD 200 MB(FREE) OR 400MB(PAID) FILE AT ONCE. ALSO HTTP UPLOAD IS MUCH FAST THAN FTP. YOU CAN ALSO CREATE A FOLDER, THE SERVICE LINK SAYS THIS. ALL EXTENSIONS SUPPORTED EVEN .EXE!

WWW.PRIMEUPLOAD.COM

:)

S

SE><IE

IF HTTP IS OK, TRY THIS ONE, YOU CAN UPLOAD 200 MB(FREE) OR 400MB(PAID) FILE AT ONCE. ALSO HTTP UPLOAD IS MUCH FAST THAN FTP. YOU CAN ALSO CREATE A FOLDER, THE SERVICE LINK SAYS THIS. ALL EXTENSIONS SUPPORTED EVEN .EXE!
Can't you type like a normal human being? There do exist bold, italics and underlines to emphasize.

-seXie

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

siddharth_2463107 said:
Try rapidshare or megaupload

why don't people read the posts properly before they reply?? :( :( :(

Others, thanks a lot!! I'm checking out all the sites and seeing which works out best for me. Reps to all! ;)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
SE><IE said:
Can't you type like a normal human being? There do exist bold, italics and underlines to emphasize.

-seXie

Please remove the red part from all your posts else i would report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom