Still from Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekysage

Journeyman
While playing the video, press <PrintScrn> button on your keyboard. open an image editor, press <Ctrl+V>, trim out any unnecessary stuff.

choudang

Padawan
PrinScrn will copy the whole desktop if your using a std view. you have to edit it again.

PowerDVD, winDVD etc supported all the formats like avi/dat/mpeg/vob [not quick time]. they have a future called snapshoot. during the play... you just take a snap and continue the movie. the snap will be saved as .jpeg file to is directory at My Documents. you will find the snap at the play control.

here it is for Cyberlink PowerDVD.....
*img427.imageshack.us/img427/328/powerdvd0pt.jpg

geekysage

Journeyman
Warrior said:
PrinScrn will copy the whole desktop if your using a std view. you have to edit it again.

i like to keep things simple. a printscreen, copy, paste, and a li'l trimming does the job for me. Besides, I don't play videos in window-mode but the full mode so no editing most of the time.

geekysage

Journeyman
shwetanshu said:
if u want to take the snapshot of just the active window use aly+prntscreen

You'd still have to edit the player window edges though...best is to just put the video in full screen mode (i.e. the normal watching mode) and hit <PrintScrn>...no editing, just copy and paste.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Huh? PrintScreen by default doesnt work. If you are talking about WMP then the video acceleration from the Performance tab of options Menu needs to be reduced to none, to make the printscreen and ctrl+v method to work. Have a look at this page.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Yo...........The best software to do the job is VirtualDub or Virtual Dub Mod if its MPEG2...........You can output the entire video or a part of it to still images n then select the one which u want...........n they r all clear cos they r the actual frames of the video.......

Cheers...:)

U can do lotta stuff in VD...just experiment...!!!

maverickrohan said:
Yo...........The best software to do the job is VirtualDub or Virtual Dub Mod if its MPEG2...........You can output the entire video or a part of it to still images n then select the one which u want...........n they r all clear cos they r the actual frames of the video.......

Cheers...:)

U can do lotta stuff in VD...just experiment...!!!

Agree, use "Save Image Sequence" option after you have "Marked In" and "Marked Out" the required section of your video. You can select BMP and later use any image editor to save as JPEG.

Keith

geekysage

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
Huh? PrintScreen by default doesnt work. If you are talking about WMP then the video acceleration from the Performance tab of options Menu needs to be reduced to none, to make the printscreen and ctrl+v method to work. Have a look at this page.

My bad. I have to admit, i never actually tried printscreen-copy-paste with a video. Just assumed it would work.

I apologize for the misguidance, abhijitroy. You know, sometimes experience makes you say things that turn out to be quite different from what you expect :oops: .

By the way, nice research there, Sourabh.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Try this:
1. Right-click the desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Hardware acceleration: None
Bypass graphics card

2. Press the print screen key on your keyboard.
Saves the entire desktop as an image to the clipboard.

3. Paste into your favourite graphics editor. Even paint will do.
Now you can see what was saved. From here you can do what you like with it, saving might be a good idea

4. Right-click the desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Hardware acceleration: Full (or whatever it was beforehand)
Return graphics settings back to normal

All this because, when you dont bypass your gfx stuffs, then sometimes you get black/green patch instead of the video's.

Also other than PowerDVD, VLC media player and MPC has this screen capture thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom