Steam

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: Steam related discussions

omaigod! I guess I would be looking for dirt cheap prices. Dirt cheap like humble Indie bundle ;)

So you like, pay $1 to get all the games in a bundle? You should really watch "Indie Game: The Movie"! :p

cray.x

Broken In

hey guys i need help. wanted to download some Free to play games from Steam, but my C drive is completely filled, and i dont know how to install it in a different drive???? any solution?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

I completed VVVVVV on steam. And bought a few Indie games too this summer, since I am no FPS fan.

So I had a concern. Today my PC wasn't able to connect for a very long time, and I started steam. To my dismay I encountered following error:

*i5.minus.com/jo1xkLkePvBZE.PNG

So, does steam always needs connection to begin? If that is the case, that would be very bad for its reputation for me. :|

That doesn't happen with me. If steam can't connect to the internet, I can at least play offline. But I always ask steam to remember me on my computer. It might ask you for internet connection if you are logging in after a long time.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

hey guys i need help. wanted to download some Free to play games from Steam, but my C drive is completely filled, and i dont know how to install it in a different drive???? any solution?

I have mounted a folder "Steam" of D:\ drive with the actual folder of Steam on C:\. So what the OS on my PC think as C:\Program Files\Steam is actually, D:\Steam :D
You can do that easily. Its a simple command. Just do some googling! :p

That doesn't happen with me. If steam can't connect to the internet, I can at least play offline. But I always ask steam to remember me on my computer. It might ask you for internet connection if you are logging in after a long time.

Well, I played VVVVVV just last night. And started my PC today evening. Now don't know why my "login information" was not stored on my computer. :(

axes2t2

I am a cat

When you install Steam will ask you on which drive.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

And you have to check the box next to "remember this computer (or something like that)" when you are logging in your steam credentials.

Neo

Well, I played VVVVVV just last night. And started my PC today evening. Now don't know why my "login information" was not stored on my computer. :(
Dude, its steam. Whadaya expect?
Things like that happen with steam.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

Steam > Accounts > "Don't save account credentials on this computer" Uncheck it. It's for using Steam on public Computers, you can start it in offline mode from then on.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Talking of sad... I wanted to buy Back to the Future game. And decided to wait for 5th of Jan to see if its comes under daily deals.
It didn't and I assumed that the game would be on the default 50% off till 5th Jan US Timing! And damn, I couldn't buy it! :'(

Even tried US proxy to visit steam store at 1 AM night. But still the discounts was off. :(

^ U need to run steam in offline mode atleast once while connected to the internet or else the offline mode doesn't work.

axes2t2

I am a cat

Heard rumours about users getting banned for buying games through proxy.

Browsing is okay.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Trust me buying via proxy/vpn is not good. Its against their TOS afaik.

Russian games are cheaper(not sure why) and many get their Steam accounts banned trying to buy. How will they know? Is it possible you fly from US to India within 10 mins? Yes the Steam servers are smart lol.

Steam support isn‘t as friendly when it comes to unbanning accounts.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

In that case, I am glad I didn't buy. Or I was lucky to have the deal closed even in USA as per IST times.
But now I would have to wait for next sale! :|

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI

Yup, they will ban you, it's mentioned in their ToS that using proxies and VPNs to get Steam content will result in Violation of Steam Subscriber Agreement. The trusted method is to ask a friend who lives there gift you the game, or you can trade on one of those Trading forums for steam e.g Steamtrades.com

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Yup, they will ban you, it's mentioned in their ToS that using proxies and VPNs to get Steam content will result in Violation of Steam Subscriber Agreement. The trusted method is to ask a friend who lives there gift you the game, or you can trade on one of those Trading forums for steam e.g Steamtrades.com

Even if someone from outside gifts you a game, can it be redeemed here? I had a Dota 2 invite and it was not redeemable in China. Therefore, can a game like Fallout 3 be redeemable here?

Top Bottom