Steam

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I don't know how credible it is though. I think there is a zero missing in that 60,000 figure. It should be more like 6 lakh to 24 lakh.

I don't know how credible it is though. I think there is a zero missing in that 60,000 figure. It should be more like 6 lakh to 24 lakh.
60000 legit gamers 4 years ago seems to be a decent number in India considering the level of piracy & costly gaming hardware.

Other than jio, I would say Flipkart is helping gamers as well because of GTX 1050 laptops at 50k. Till a year ago you had to spend 70k for a gaming laptop.

Just see this:
Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Rs.92990 Price in India - Buy Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Black Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
A year ago my friend bought Dell 7567 with 1050Ti for the same price with a shit TN display & now Asus is offering a 120Hz IPS display.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Just see this:
Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Rs.92990 Price in India - Buy Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Black Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
A year ago my friend bought Dell 7567 with 1050Ti for the same price with a shit TN display & now Asus is offering a 120Hz IPS display.

IPS isn't mentioned in the link. And 120Hz is cheap now anyways. It's time to look for HDR now.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
My bad then. I think HDR will be introduced in ultrabooks first. I don't know why OLEDs aren't becoming popular. Alienware isn't refreshing their 13" model as well.

OLED's isn't suitable for monitors due to burn in. TV usage hardly displays static images but on desktop the taskbar would get burned in. But there have been improvements in OLED recently on burn in. Other reason is that TV's and smartphones are just too popular compared to monitors so the manufacturers prioritise what makes them money. TV and smartphone customers are easier to fool as well but it won't be easy to fool monitor customers.

yasho2249

Broken In
I will be moving to Germany for my further studies soon....any luck retaining my game library? I know most of it is region locked and all but any other way?

Killing Machine
I will be moving to Germany for my further studies soon....any luck retaining my game library? I know most of it is region locked and all but any other way?
You will retain all of the games in the library. Only the games with region lock + "run lock" set to India (means require Indian IP to run the game) will not be playable I think.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, you will have all games that you have purchased. But you will not be able to purchase games that are not available for sale in Germany. However, you can ask someone to gift you the same game and it will work.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

I think all your library will be available. You can even change your store region if you want to but you will need a local card to do so. But make sure you really want to change the store region since it has a cooldown period to prevent abuse.

Region Restrictions on Steam - Managing Your Library - Knowledge Base - Steam Support
Steam Store Country - Billing - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

I moved to the US a year ago & I retained all my games. I'm still using steam store in INR (as games are cheaper). Region locked games like Tomb Raider (2013) might not work but they start working after 3 months or so.

I would highly recommend keeping your steam store region as India & use an Indian card to buy the games, Germany is a developed country, so games will be costlier. Generally, for me the prices are almost the same or upto 50% cheaper, never saw a game that was costlier in Indian steam compared to US. Check steamdb for prices in different regions. Rarely there are games that are banned in India, only one I saw was Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

That's news for me,what exactly got it banned. @SaiyanGoku you knew about this?
Not banned, never released.

I'm pretty sure it was because of God of Destruction of universe 10. Someone released an article in national paper saying Dragon Ball Super shows Ganesha as a villain. India barely has 0.5% gamers in steam, so no loss in avoiding a release in India while staying out of any stupid lawsuits, etc.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Not banned, never released.

I'm pretty sure it was because of God of Destruction of universe 10. Someone released an article in national paper saying Dragon Ball Super shows Ganesha as a villain. India barely has 0.5% gamers in steam, so no loss in avoiding a release in India while staying out of any stupid lawsuits, etc.

From what I read, it was due to licensing issues. Some other company had the license for DBX franchise for India region and gaming publisher of DB didn't.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Fallout 3 is no longer banned AFAIK. But when I bought it back in the day, I had to have it gifted to me from a guy in the US.

Top Bottom