aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Also CASH ON DELIVERY!!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
Yeah, am still clueless how that will work. But you need a min purchase of ₹500 for COD.

This may mean steam is bringing it's hardware to India now. Since COD for digital games makes no sense.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Yeah, am still clueless how that will work. But you need a min purchase of ₹500 for COD.

This may mean steam is bringing it's hardware to India now. Since COD for digital games makes no sense.

Two words. Steam machines

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

avanildutta

Journeyman
Well just loaded my wallet once using paytm & once via sbi net banking. Both worked without any issue.. Finally a great news indeed..

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

gameranand

Living to Play
Wow, this is really good. Not that I had problems with payments before as well. But its a really good decision by Valve. India is emerging slowly as legit gamer base. Like right now most of the TDF members have started buying the games. I remember that when I joined the forum, there was actually a thread about Gentleman's Guide of posting on gaming section. Because most were pirates.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Too much steps to pay first I need to go to novaplay to enter my info,then it proceeds to ccavenue where i need to enter card details then it goes to bank's website for 2FA.Finally it returns to steam and steam hangs for 5 minutes to process the money.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Too much steps to pay first I need to go to novaplay to enter my info,then it proceeds to ccavenue where i need to enter card details then it goes to bank's website for 2FA.Finally it returns to steam and steam hangs for 5 minutes to process the money.
Just for once don't criticize. Are you unhappy that now there is at least an option?

At least they are trying. The other stores (origin, uplay, Blizzard) won't even bother

gameranand

Living to Play
Just for once don't criticize. Are you unhappy that now there is at least an option?

At least they are trying. The other stores (origin, uplay, Blizzard) won't even bother

Yes. I truly appreciate their effort. I can even pay with my Freecharge and Paytm balance where we get cashbacks as well. What more can I ask. Its OK for me if I have to go through several steps. If someone doesn't want them then there is always the options by which you used to pay previously. I mean its not like they changed everything. They have added new much needed features and payment options. If you have means then obviously pay with CC and all.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery :-

1. Steam now lets you use cash to pay for games,

2. Access to purchases will be granted 72 hours after receipt of payment,

3. Old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes are not accepted.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161205/ae5f52a14f6d4441f78a29ed7997435b.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161205/62e5d475e1500b289d69a0dd34350b74.jpg

Source: How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery | NDTV Gadgets360.co

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery

COD option is introduced for Steam machines and other hardware, not games. If you want retail disc you can use flipkart, Amazon etc.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
COD option is introduced for Steam machines and other hardware, not games. If you want retail disc you can use flipkart, Amazon etc.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Just check this link buddy: How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery | NDTV Gadgets360.co

gameranand

Living to Play
Its moronic really. It would have been a boon if only international cards were accepted but since Indian cards can be used for purchase, I see no reason to buy using COD at all. Also point to note is that, you'll have to wait for the guy to collect the money and then game will be activated in your account after 24-72 hrs of receiving money.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
There has to be some reason or scenario to why they started this COD service. I can't imagine one. Anyone?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I think they thought that Indians are paranoid to use digital services so they implemented CoD. Even after region pricing the Indian userbase didn't increase much whereas in China it increased a lot. Valve isn't seeing the same growth in India so they implemented CoD. Just speculation..

gameranand

Living to Play
I think they thought that Indians are paranoid to use digital services so they implemented CoD. Even after region pricing the Indian userbase didn't increase much whereas in China it increased a lot. Valve isn't seeing the same growth in India so they implemented CoD. Just speculation..

Most of the users who use Steam were already there before the implementation of Steam Regional pricing so obviously number of accounts made won't increase drastically. In case of China, everyone pirated there, I mean literally everyone just pirated so with regional pricing they jumped the wagon. For India that is not the case. Implementation of Indian DC, CC and cashcards would certainly increase the sales for Steam. As for COD, Indians are quite paranoid about CODs so that might be the reason. Also Indians are too much paranoid about COD for Hardware and Valve wishes to sell stuff here, for that they certainly needed COD. Now as we have seen in the past that games come with controller offer on release and if you want to sell it then how would you do that, either pay upfront but customers won't feel easy with the hardware not being COD. So they thought, well fuk it, lets just partner with some company and implement it on entire store. But again these are just my speculations. :)

Top Bottom