Startuptime inc after installation of XP SP2

Do u have a similar problem after installing XP SP2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
A few days ago I installed the WinXP SP2 and since then the startup time has increased greatly. Even though i do not see any considerable HDD activity. My friend also has the same problem. Does neone know how to correct this problem?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
its a know problem..... SP2 does slow down ur PC unless u have a rocket fast PC......

there is at list 15 topic on this.... so dont worry it happens to every one.....

digen

Youngling
saurav_cheeta said:
its a know problem..... SP2 does slow down ur PC unless u have a rocket fast PC......

there is at list 15 topic on this.... so dont worry it happens to every one.....
eh? If you can call my athlon 1700+ xp along with a A7N266-VM coupled with 2 seagate barracudas having 2MB buffer each a rocket pc whooa I'm blushing.But the fact it is it isnt :?
Anyways I'll take the above as a april fool's joke. :)

Just check under device manager whether all drivers have been properly installed.In case there is a yellow mark besides a device then install the appropriate driver from the cd/floppy.
Perhaps you may analyse what is going wrong with MS BootVis

OP
S

Sankalp

Journeyman
digen said:
saurav_cheeta said:

eh? If you can call my athlon 1700+ xp along with a A7N266-VM coupled with 2 seagate barracudas having 2MB buffer each a rocket pc whooa I'm blushing.But the fact it is it isnt :?
Anyways I'll take the above as a april fool's joke. :)

Just check under device manager whether all drivers have been properly installed.In case there is a yellow mark besides a device then install the appropriate driver from the cd/floppy.
Perhaps you may analyse what is going wrong with MS BootVis

Well I have a Athlon64 3000+ With a 800Mhz FSB , and 80 GB 10000 rpm SATA HDD. And there are no problems in the device manager with hardware. Now how do u explain that?!! :!:

digen

Youngling
May I ask how you deployed service pack 2?Was it from a slipstreamed cd? or a update on a copy of windows xp? It certainly doesnt matter unless the copy of windows xp had some issues before installing sp2 upon it.
Anyways you can read this article darker side of windows xp
IIt does not help your above problem but can give you a fair idea about certain aspects.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
My Xp Sp2 boots up in 34 secs.

Earlier it used to boot up in 17 secs.

And this is a problem common to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom