Stablest version of netbeans?

Jaskaran

Broken In
Hello
I actually just took the subject "Informatics Practices" whilee I do Non-Medical in X1 class. I am quite new and currently i am working on learning java (I learned some till now, enough to create a simple tic-tac-toe game).
Till now, i was making projects in school IP lab only. But currently I decided to make projects also in my own pc for better practice and experience. I downloaded latest version (Largest package with all features) of NetBeans (7.3).
It was all well till I decided to use "font" property. First, i cannot change font. This implies I also cannot change font size (major trouble, no one would like an app where you need magnifying glass to just read lines).
What the problem is that it shows me an error in log saying something like (java.null Pointer Exception). Google told me its a bug in newer versions of netbeans.
So can anyone please tell me the most stable version of netbeans without bugs that has all beginner features as latest version?
Yeah I could try myself but i want to save my limited 10gb bandwidth for COD BO2 and Crysis3 and COD MW3 and other stuff including game and steam updates :p

Top Bottom