SSD Upgrade Planned. Size dilemma.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Initialize the disk & this time use easeus partition master home free edition.
Free Migrate Windows 8/7 OS to SSD with EaseUS Partition Master

Actually, the last time I cloned(which worked for the longest duration), was with easeus partition master 10.0.
Do you think I should visit the service centre? I intend visit it tomorrow.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no harm but what if they format & reinstall os then & there on ssd & show it to be working.warranty only covers hardware defects,not some specific problem like cloning of os not working because of possible firmware issue.also try aoemi partition assistant standard free edition:
How to Migrate OS to SSD or HDD with AOMEI Partition Assistant?
after cloning completes,shutdown system & disconnect the original drive so that at next boot there is only clone drive from which its 1st boot will be done.Once 1st boot from cloned drive is successful you can connect original drive.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
no harm but what if they format & reinstall os then & there on ssd & show it to be working.warranty only covers hardware defects,not some specific problem like cloning of os not working because of possible firmware issue.also try aoemi partition assistant standard free edition:
How to Migrate OS to SSD or HDD with AOMEI Partition Assistant?

I agree. But what about a perfectly working drive having partitions becoming uninitialized on its own? Its not related to cloning I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

after cloning completes,shutdown system & disconnect the original drive so that at next boot there is only clone drive from which its 1st boot will be done.

Should I also be connecting the cloned drive to the original drive's sata port? Might that help?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check my earlier post(i edited it a bit).sometimes these things happens,what matters is whether you can reproduce this issue on demand or it happens so frequently that anybody can notice it within a few hours of operation.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Gave in my ssd with the service centre today. They were sympathetic to my issue and said they will look into it. Keeping fingers crossed :Fingerx:

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Got my replacement ssd today. Brand new one.
Also noted 5-6 of the same ssds up for replacement at the service centre, heard quite a few of them are problematic.

At Supertron electronics sc, metcalfe street kolkata.

Top Bottom