SSD failed with Disk I/O Device Errors

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
opening naza market might not be allowed and if allowed, it is expected to be on even-odd pattern. i tried in january but no one had mx500 then, even some people supposed to be crucial retailer too wanted me to buy WD green so i bought it online.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks @SaiyanGoku I'll try Live Linux USB to see how it goes.
@whitestar_999 I tried Gigabyte SSD utility and it doesn't show any info not even model no. only thing it show that Health is good which i know is not the case lol
@patkim I am using in a desktop and checked ports even changed to see if issue is resolved so I guess this SSD is gone. now only thing left is to buy a new one when this lockdown ends. Not many deliveries in Lucknow so left with no other option then to wait.

Did you try with a different SATA cable ? or try the SSD on another pc ? Also I can see you have couple of HDDs so just connect the SSD alone and see whether it's visible under bios ?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I tried with different cables for no use but didn't check SSD alone. I think its gone for good, bought mx500 from amazon a week back as they started delivering to my city for 3976.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, no other option then to keep waiting and will buy MX500 if available online/offline else will get A400 which should be available offline
There are reports that 16 new cases found positive in last 2 days so all hopes are gone. And this area is close to Naza market which is hub for computer parts in Lucknow.

I have an online job so still follow my daily schedule
I will suggest go with MX500 as it also has a DRAM write buffer in it.

edit: typo

Last edited:
Top Bottom