Split AC fan not blowing strong enough

probuddha

Broken In
So I have a Samsung Split 1.5 Ton AC. Of late I have noticed that the fan in high speed mode doesn't blow strong enough and emits intermittent hissing/ blowing noise. It appears as if the air is being obstructed somewhere

Also please note that this happens even when I am running the AC in fan mode

What might have gone wrong here? My AC is now out of warranty and so if this is something I can fix myself, then I won't have to pay for the service charges

Many thanks!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
So I have a Samsung Split 1.5 Ton AC. Of late I have noticed that the fan in high speed mode doesn't blow strong enough and emits intermittent hissing/ blowing noise. It appears as if the air is being obstructed somewhere

Also please note that this happens even when I am running the AC in fan mode

What might have gone wrong here? My AC is now out of warranty and so if this is something I can fix myself, then I won't have to pay for the service charges

Many thanks!

Try cleaning the filter... It gets clogged with dust a lot... Cleaning should greatly alleviate your problem... :)

OP
P

probuddha

Broken In
Thanks powerhoney, I had tried cleaning the filter but the issue persists. I think the blower needs cleaning as I can see its fins covered with dirt

Is this something I can do myself?

Thanks

Top Bottom