Specs for a Gaming PC :)

sachinmu.1995

fully functional idiotbox
hey guys :)
i'm planning to buy a gaming PC, with a budget of around 60k - 65k... i want it to play some of the new games like Splinter Cell Conviction and Split Second with max out or medium settings. My friend got a core i5, but it shows poor performance on SC conviction, so i don't think i'll want to go for an i5 (if u say it's better than the other processors out there, i don't mind :p ) i will use this computer also for occasional video editing. also, i'm used to console gaming, so i'd like to buy an xbox 360 wired controller :-D which configuration will be good? :grin:

ajai5777

Youngling
Bored of suggesting configs.Some one will suggest you a good config for that price.But one thing I want to say is that the reason for the poor performance of conviction in your friend's rig is not all due to i5.Your friend might have got a poor GPU.Core i5 can run all the latest games (even in future ) in the max settings when paired with a good GPU.

rajan1311

Padawan
^seriously bro...every day same ole job... :p

@OP: Check out this section (hardware Q&A) and figure out a rough config for yourself, then post that here, members can then post any suggestions/modifications.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
how about filling this up first!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:
4. Planning to overclock?
A:
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

OP
sachinmu.1995

sachinmu.1995

fully functional idiotbox
lol okay ill fill it
btw, he has a 1GB graphics card... around 10k for that he said...
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yep
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 65000
4. Planning to overclock?
A: err no...
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win7 (32 or 64bit depending on the ram)
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 1440 x 900 or 1600 x 900, 22 to 24 inch
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 4
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In 4-5 weeks
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Not really as long as it can run most future games at medium resolution atleast
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: wont need a tv tuner.. and i guess 4gb of ram will do good.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bengaluru, no i prefer to purchase within blore
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: xbox 360 controller :D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Core i5 760 @ Rs. 10.8K
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 @ 8.4k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 14.5k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 2.1k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.8k