Sparkle GeForce GTS 250 overheating issues

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hello everyone. Recently (nearly two months ago) my cousin brought a new PC. Its specs are:
Intel Core i3 2100 wiith HT enabled
Intel DH61WW
2*2GB DDR III RAM
Sparkle GeForce GTS 250 Low Profile 1 GB DDR III
Seagate 500 GB 7200 rpm
Samsung SyncMaster B2230
Cooler Master K100 Cabinet with bundled Cooler Master 400W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
Now, when the computer came, he just used to play games like NFS Most Wanted BE, NFS Carbon and GTA San Andreas which are not at all heavy on these resources, so the machine used to run fine. Then I installed SiSoft Sandra Lite to benchmark the CPU and the GPU and make different comparisons. After that I got him NFS Hot Pursuit 2010. We played the game (at maximum settings) for nearly 3 hours and after that it started giving artefacts So I minimized the game and saw the GPU temps on the GPU Monitor Gadget (which takes info about the GPU from Riva Tuner's Hardware Monitoring). The temps were a shocking 83° which I had never seen before on this GPU. Playing games like Test Drive Unlimited at full settings alsoo gives the same trouble. His cabinet has sufficient cooling. You can read about it here. So I don't think it is a cabinet related trouble. Also I have the latest drivers for the GPU installed on his system. So what do you think can be the problem.
Thanks.

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
@ thetechfreak - Thanks for the suggestion but my cousin is very possessive about his PC so he cleans it up every weekend, even on the inside. So the chances of dust causing the problems is pretty slim. Although I'll double check for dust build-up inside that cabinet.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I don't think 83 is a problematic temp for that Card. I have seen some users getting idles at 65 and Full load of 85 with it.

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
I don't think 83 is a problematic temp for that Card. I have seen some users getting idles at 65 and Full load of 85 with it.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Even this GPU idles at nearly 50° and peaks at nearly 83°. The temp, however, wouldn't have been a problem if the game didn't give artifacts at these temps. So any solution for this?

Top Bottom