SP2208WFP OR 2209WA (VS) E2200HD OR G2412HD OR S2409W

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Dell panels are simply fuber .. i own one myself, and its almost a 2 year old panel now, but is still unrivaled by new panels .. most people think oversaturated and overbright panel = best IQ .. but unless one panel can reproduce the near-true color that the image shud be, its not a good monitor at all. Samsungs have awesome blacks, but it slightly over saturates reds for my, and thats even with T220HD .. The Dell panels that i've tested till date may produce a slightly less effective black, but the color reproduction is almost natural .. Benq, AOC simply produce monitors at a good price. If u can afford Dell its worth every damm penny, if u cant dont complain and settle for something in your budget. But the quality of Dell panels remains a class apart ..

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
@ emmarbee

Good find regarding the backlit LED series.
But they were not available with Dell 20 days back (when I talked to them). Good luck if u find them. Yes LCD backlight are said to increase the colour gamut. I have seen them only in Dell XPS laptops and they look cool (albeit a bit colder bluish...but that can be adjusted).

If you are really looking for highend also look for the Samsung 120hz. According to Toms hardware Anandtech (either of these two, dont remember exactly... so dont pull my leg)
They were performing very good.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
@ savagex

I didnt get you.....dell does sell monitors in India and u can order it online. Just to help u out here is the email I received from them after I enquired to them (March this year).

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Dell!!

Please find the price details for the monitor of your choice. The price indicated is including of taxes, delivery & 3 year replacement warranty. You can make a credit card payment / DD payment. Once the order is placed you can expect this to be delivered in about 7 working days, as we are shipping this from Chennai . For more information & processing the order please get in touch with me, you can send me a mail or can reach me on the landline number that is mentioned below

Dell 2208 WFP 22 " UltraSharpTM Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 16,200/-

Dell S2209 WFP 22 Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 14500/-

Dell S2409 WFP 24" Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 18900/-

Dell 2408 WFP 24" ultra sharp Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 42,000/-

We do not have the 2209 WA as of now.

Regards,

Harish Chandrashekar

Sales Account Manager

Dell India Pvt Ltd

Direct number :080-25068540

Fax number :080-25068500

E Mail id :Harish_C@Dell.com

But a word of caution......Individual prices of dell are higher than group order. So head over to here *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/dell-s2409w-rs-12750-shipped-you-140163.html and order from Phoenix (I am not promoting anyone... just telling you how to get a good deal. Its your choice. Bty ... I know him ...so he is dependable... can give him my reference).

To the mods: Why cant we have our own dealers section like this ^????

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
@savagex - I had bought my Dell Monitor directly from Dell. Contact Harish - I guess he's the one who attends everybody's call around India.

@Shadowfax2009 - you mean LED backlights increases color gamut, Right?

@deathvirus_me - Dude, don't talk in general. You gotta be specific about models. It is not like Dell>samsung>benq etc., 2209wa>S2233>S2209W>E2400HD etc.,

Not the samsung models always produce bad colors and Dell always produces good colors. Of course most of the Dell monitors are trustable than samsung's ones. But there are/might be some better monitors in samsung, BenQ, L.G etc.,

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Yes
Experts seem to think so .... That LEDs produce purer whites and so increase the colour gamut. There various kinds of LED arrangement and picture quality will vary accordingly. Most LCDs have a layer of LEDs behind the TN film that dim and brighten together to produce more dynamic contrast... (According to experts .... its more of gimmick than actual use).... Better series have local dimming of LEDs in areas of darkness .... The professional LEDs dont have white LEDs but triads of red green and blue LEDs to produce the purest of colours....

Read these

*videoediting.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=33128

*www.trustedreviews.com/monitors/review/2007/09/07/Samsung-SyncMaster-XL20/p1

*www.macworld.com/article/57740/2007/05/ledbacklight.html

*74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:Iycs...d+backlight+monitors&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in

PDF here *74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:Iycs...d+backlight+monitors&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in

and here
*www.samsung.com/uk/business/b2b/pdfs/case_studies/LED_BLU_White_Paper.pdf

I liked the review of Sammy 120hz though

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-sm2233rz_11.html#sect0

A very exhaustive LCD technology review here
*solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Vikuiti1/BrandProducts/secondary/optics101/

(jump to sources of light)

However at the end of the day without seeing any of these babies I honestly don't know what to say.......

savagex

savage Computing...
@ savagex

I didnt get you.....dell does sell monitors in India and u can order it online. Just to help u out here is the email I received from them after I enquired to them (March this year).

But a word of caution......Individual prices of dell are higher than group order. So head over to here *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/dell-s2409w-rs-12750-shipped-you-140163.html and order from Phoenix (I am not promoting anyone... just telling you how to get a good deal. Its your choice. Bty ... I know him ...so he is dependable... can give him my reference).

@savagex - I had bought my Dell Monitor directly from Dell. Contact Harish - I guess he's the one who attends everybody's call around India.

I called up the Dell customer care. They said that Dell does not anymore sell monitors to individual customers. Anyways ill try contacting Harish and Phoenix.
Will give Phoenix your reference. :)

Thanks anyways guys...

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
The S2209WA is based on an S-IPS panel. Brilliant for colour apps and viewing angles. Buy it, eyes closed...

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
What's the 'S'2209WA - guys are talking about? and what's the S-IPS panel?
Isn't that 2209WA and e-IPS?
However - its a best buy hands down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom