soundblaster live 24-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunbj

Broken In
Does soundblaster live 24-bit support 7.1 audio? What is its cost?Is it better than the onboard audio of 915 chipset based mobo?Plea............se help.

very urgent........!!!!!!

krishnathelord

In the zone
they cost anything around 2000 bucks and they support 7.1 system and they are definetly better than those on board chip except than in a msi board they had creative soundblaster onboard

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i bought for 1900
take a genuine creative sound blaster live 24bit supporting 7.1
or take audigy 2/4 or what else is better?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
isn't onboard audio not that great

and @mahesh babu,do you know what you are talking,i bought from smc international and bought several months back,atleast 1-2months,atleast a month and just check with everst software etc
how else can you make the difference
also,300bucks,doezssn't price differ from palce to place

Ringwraith

Journeyman
onboard audio when its a creative one is a different matter! normally onboard audio isnt that great, since mobo manufacturers compromise to get prices down

NeViLLe

Right off the assembly line
It is a budget card with the ability to produce 24bit sound, but the creative processor is not as fast as it should be like in the Audigy, hence this sound card consume a lot of CPU Power in order to produce 24 bit sound in games..... so

24 bit Sound Blaster = 24bit Sound but, 8-10 fps drop rate in games

Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! = 16bit Sound but, atleast fps does not drop

=OLD Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! cards are better than the NEWER 24 bit Sound Blaster cards.....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Mahesh Babu said:
akshayt said:
i bought for 1900
take the 7.1
thats not genuine one.
The genuine card costs 2200Rs

mahesh babu u r wrong once again .. even i am getting it for 1900/- at my place and from compuage infocomm (authorised distributors) with bill and warranty. plz plz plz plz for gods sake check ur facts and use some common sense before u post replies.

imjimmy

Broken In
mahesh babu u r wrong once again .. even i am getting it for 1900/- at my place and from compuage infocomm (authorised distributors) with bill and warranty. plz plz plz plz for gods sake check ur facts and use some common sense before u post replies.

Even i was getting it at 1950 with bill and 1900 without.

BTW if you are getting a latest Mobo Intel 925 Chipset above or the MSI Neo4F upwards..you will get ALC 880.

Is it better than the onboard audio of 915 chipset based mobo?Plea............se help.

The onboard 915P uses the ALC 860 HD audio. It's pretty good. Although the SB live wud be definitely better. But you won't notice the difference unless you have very good high end speaker. So choose a good speaker set.

Both ALC 880 and ALC 881 are almost as good as the SB live. And with sufficient RAM and a powerful CPU, CPU utilization shd not be an issue.

All i am saying is that if you are buying a high end board don't spend 2k on the sound card. Later you can buy Audigy if you so desire. But you won't be disappointed with the sound.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
thats not genuine one.
The genuine card costs 2200Rs

This is a list of prices from dealers in Mumbai as of May 18th 2005

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=3865

The price mentioned here months ago was Rs. 2000 (Whicxh will vary at different locations)

Hope this helps.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
t is a budget card with the ability to produce 24bit sound, but the creative processor is not as fast as it should be like in the Audigy, hence this sound card consume a lot of CPU Power in order to produce 24 bit sound in games..... so

24 bit Sound Blaster = 24bit Sound but, 8-10 fps drop rate in games

Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! = 16bit Sound but, atleast fps does not drop

=OLD Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! cards are better than the NEWER 24 bit Sound Blaster cards.....

What the !!!!!! ru u in the right state of mind ....????

Ok .. i agree that the SBLive series is not good as the SBAudigy series .. but hey adding a sound card definitely gives a boost in performance and no way a dip in performance ..... even if the sound card is a value edition ...

OP
A

arunbj

Broken In
The onboard audio of 915 based mobo is high definition. Is the o/p of soundblaster live 24-bit high definition? Does it support DVD-AUDIO?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey man, theres nothing special in DVD audio. i suppose you are asking for 5.1 dolby support. i think it does.

i personally think none of the onboard audio lives upto its mark. i use a desktop pc wid nforce series based mobo and it has the onboard soundstorm audio wid 5.1 channel dobly digital decoder on it (MCP-D) and i also haf a sound blaster live! value (4.1 channel, about 4 years old which is 2 years older than the mobo). i find that the onboard soundstorm doesnt even come near the sblive! value in terms of pure quality! of corz you must haf a great quality headphones and good hearing sense organs!

tho there are a lot of driver improvements for the soundstorm the creative card rocks!! also this card uses the same old chip which the newer creative 16bit cards use and someone here said that there is a drop of 10fps or so. thats not true dude. all creative cards are way too powerful, be it the audigy or the sblive! there can never be that much diff in speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom