Soundbar for 42" TV

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Guys,

I have a LG 42" TV and planning for a sound bar. The reason for choosing a soundbar is, its compact and no/less wires. I do like 5.1 or 7.1 setups but hate the part of tackling the wires.

So my room is size is 10 feet(breadth) and 15 feet(length). After listening to quite a few soundbar in the market. I have shortlisted Bose Cinemate 15. The sound is quite good. When watching movies the vocals sound pretty clear and playing music the instrument's sound crystal clear. The subwoofer too is pretty loud with Deep bass.

I'm getting this for INR 45,462/-

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

doom

Journeyman
I'm too on the lookout for a soundbar as my father dropped the idea of a 5.1 system because of the constraints listed by you. Have you tried listening to Yamaha, Pioneer or Sony soundbar? Bose too is my list but I'll go to these showrooms too. You could check them out too

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
You can stay away from Bose.

there are plenty of equally good and better sounding soundbars from other manufacturers at the same price.
I had a demo of a Sonodyne soundbar while i was going around for a stereo system. What i heard just blew me away.

SONODYNE

the smaller one is as effective as the bigger one. but the bigger one is meant for a bigger room.

also, not to say that bose/sony/lg/samdung is bad or anything, but sonodyne is simply better at it.

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Well thanks for the suggestions guys... But I bought bose cinemate 15 on 24th and it rocks.... Awesome surround from the tiny unit. and Watching movies/shows is just awesome. the dialogues are clear with the background score. Yeah i know its costly, but Bose is Bose have to say it now.

Top Bottom