Sound Card givin me problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk88in

Broken In
ok for starter...i have an original intel motherboard 845GBV, running on an Intel Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz, Operating System is Windows XP Professional with Service pack 2 installed. I recently attatched a creative sound card, Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 on one of my PCI Slots and attatched Creative Inspire 5200 5.1 speakers with dolby to the sound card. Since ive done that, my computer's been giving me problem, I even got the sound card changed...for starters the sound is distorted after somewhere between level 4 and 5. The most irritating problem that i face is that at times...like once in every 2 times i start the comp, it takes about 3-5 minutes 2 load windows(usually it takes half a minute or so), then there is no sound on my comp. In order to fix this, i have to remove the sound card and put it back...then everything goes back to normal...this keeps happening...what is wrong with my motherboard/Sound Card??
HELP!!!!!!!!!

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- once u restart ur pc and dont get sound , please check the event viewer in admin tools to see if there are any errors . also check the device manager to see if ur sound card is listed . if not run scan for hardware changes , by right clicking on device manager and see if sound card gets detected . Do u have any other pci devices attached ? try changing the order of the devices around . does ur board have on board integrated sound ? if so just disable integrated sound . does windows boot faster if u start ur pc without the sound card ? .

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
Sound card is listed when i start the comp and there aint no sound. I have a TV tuner card attatched..ive tried switching slots but to no avail...my board has integrated sound .Even when i disable it , this happens and it does boot faster w/o the sound card...boots at the same speed when its starting up normally....i,e, the sound comes....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok , might have to try running the sound card at a higher pci slot and try running it without the tv tuner card (which brand ? ) . if u get sound this way , place the tv and sound cards on slots away from each other and not on adjacent slots .ie , top most for sonund and bottom most slot for video . once u have changed slots . go to safe mode , uninstall both sound card drivers and tv tuner card drivers (if they have drivers for xp ) . once ur pc restarts install each device when it asks for drivers and restart after completion of each device . remember also to make restore point b4 trying these . have u checked creatives site for driver update ?

run msinfo32 or system information and check if under hardware there are any device conflicts/sharing .

kurious : are ur pci cards attached to ur cabinet by screws or those metal slides which hold the pci cards together ? if they are the metal sliders , try removing it and fixing proper screws instead

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
ok will do that....i have a pixel view tv tuner card. ive got a very weird system...its like screwes arent used to tighten the PCI slot cards...this cabinet has a system of its own...cant really describe it...but ile try it...
thanx

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
If you have an Intel P4 (Pentium 4) motherboard and SMBus temperature monitoring software in your system, along with the Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1 software, the system may crash intermittently and reboot to a blue screen.
In order to solve this, please try the following:
Update the Intel(R) Active Monitor program to version 1.13 or later
Update the BIOS ( refer to the Intel website for further information)

might not be ur issue , but more info and troubleshooting steps given below :

*dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=729,E=0000000000049884537,K=340,Sxi=0,Case=obj(5805),Kb=ww_english,VARSET=ws:*in.creative.com:80

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
nope...no help...
btw i forgot to mention
the driver that comes with the sound card in the cd says that there is no creative sound blaster card on my machine....this has been happenin since day 1...any other ways of fixing this? im totally tired of taking out the sound card and putting it back in everytime i turn the damn computer on...!

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
may be ur PCI slot is damaged, try putting the card in different slots or uninstall all drivers/softwares for the card and restart and see if the windows detect the new hardware and then re-install, might help.

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
tried putting the sound card in every slot....same problem...
nothing works...it detects the sound card and installs the card itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom