SOS - Application Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry

Broken In
I've WinXP with SP2 system. While downloading a file from the website, my AVG Anti-virus detected the entry of Trozan Horses which ultimately affected 7 nos. of System Files. From the option offered by the AVG, I've deleted one file due to momentary tension. However, all rest of the files have been healed by it successfully. But problems crept up later, when I went to open another application, an error message popped up :
Services.Exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x003ebc70" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written".
Click OK to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program
Now I find that pressing any of the OK or Cancel button, following message comes and computer restarts -
"The windows shutting down unexpectedly.Save all the unsaved work else these may be deleted. Shut down is initiated by NT/AUTHORITY/SYSTEM and with the status 1073741674".
Would it be possible to restore the settings in order as I'm in xtreme troubles for I cannot open my system as it keeps on restarting.
Plz help !!!!!!! :shock:

::cyborg::

In the zone
there is a virus on ur system do one thing scan ur system

and when it says that is shutting down then open run

and type shutdown -a it is the abort command for shutdown

and also unistall the avg and try norton

tell me if ur prob is solved or not

OP
K

Kerry

Broken In
It is still not doing! I've scanned for several times & the AVG has healed even an 33 odd affected files - but still the above error message is coming in and the system goes to restart. Even if I abort the restart as u advised, machine hangs up.
Shall I have to format the drives? :roll:

anandk

Distinguished Member
i may be wrong, but it could be the lovesan or blaster or sasser virus. there is a detailed thread on this problem by me (and others too) about its removal. pls just search for it. i too will try to post this link later...

first run your virus scan (avast) at boot time or safe mode using deep-scan modes.

then download and use the latest sasser removal tool and sasser fixer tool (microsoft/symantec).

then patch up your pc with KB835732 patch.

use zone alarm firewall, when on the net. take windows updates or run the latest autopatcherxp..

OP
K

Kerry

Broken In
Well, I was regularly receiving the windows updates, anti-spyware & anti-virus updates and periodical maintenances as usual. But on scanning the machine for a number of times it shows that Trojan Horses with its various file forms like .PWA, Downloader etc. was the virus that attacked and the anti-virus has apperantly healed up the showed entities. But the IE became corrupted and the windows unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom