Sorry Guys but Netscape's the fastest(my tests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
I carried out tests on 4 browsers viz IE(u're right it lost!)Mozilla 1.0.1, Opera 8 Beta and Netscape 7.2 using ZDnetindia's Test ur ISP tool. I have a connection of 64kbps and the results are surprising.
IE 65.9 kbps
Opera 8 Beta and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 66.1 kbps
Netscape 7.2 66.6 kbps!
Do carry out the tests yourselves too for confirmation.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Cnets employees only say that it is not good enough(in their official articles) and u trusting it.
One thing u should note is the technology used by Natscape is the one thats used in FF. Netscape has just taken the Gecko engine and built a integrated browser with mail and stuff + that looks good

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I you guys have any idea w.r.t the different speeds as in 64kbps, 128 kbps and so on then each represents the bandwidth available and not a speed cap. So 66.6 kbps is def possible and viable too. Check ur speeds even on a dialup modem.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
can someone tell me how to remove the skin of netscape 0.5.6 from ICC march issue . its driving me nuts . though it states its based on firefox , there is no option to change page styles at all . i use a diff system color than most and am hardly able to see the text i type . i use black background with yellow text . the address bar in netscape still remains white , even though i changed the settings to use my colors in options . Even the options dialog box is unreadable . netscape can be fast , but if people can't see what their doing , is it any good ???

*img213.exs.cx/img213/1838/nets5vg.th.jpg

vysakh

Padawan
how is 66.6kbps possible on 64 kbps connection ?
plz explain that icecoolz

for me (dialup) the speed is only in the mid 40s

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
64 kbps does not mean ur max speed is 64 kbps ....sheesh...it only means ur avg babdwidth is 64 kbps. Try the DSL tests urself. 3-4 times. And see the difference. I got 539 kbps tho I am on a 512 kbps line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom