Sony's Smartphone Surrender As It Abandons Android And Xperia

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
A ray of hope!

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet apparently leaks ahead of MWC | The Verge

One of the best Tablets out there in the coming months.
But how many are willing to shell out that exorbitant amount?

It shall always remain a dream to me because of my budget.
Some fortunate folks here at @TDF,will definitely buy for sure,because they won't feel the pocket pinch.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
I didn't know they made an exit out of Vaio series, as well. Thanks to some friend of mine who pointed this out to me. I was still under the impression that some new chick would replace Kareena Kapoor in their ads :oops:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sony master race > Samsung peasants
I have used two sony phones in the past, Xperia Neo V and Xperia M and now upgraded to Moto Ga..I can say, Apart from the pricing in the higher end segment, Id still consider sony to be a really good company.. they gave timely updates, their OS wasnt filled with bloat as much as others put off, and their design is simply the best looking

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I didn't know they made an exit out of Vaio series, as well. Thanks to some friend of mine who pointed this out to me. I was still under the impression that some new chick would replace Kareena Kapoor in their ads :oops:

They haven't exited the laptop business in India. Or Asia. Yet. But they have in US.

Sola was cool (for glove mode), but didn't like J because games would not run on it. Like the click less buttons in the newer models.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Sony VAIO series were good Laptops but as usually a bit overpriced compared to its competitors of similar/alike hardware specs. for such.
Offtopic : She's already with IBall...perhaps out of Sony,don't know.

$hadow

Geek in making
Vaio always lacked proper hardware based support. They overcharged for the similar config and now they are doing same with the smartphone lines.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Vaio always lacked proper hardware based support.

yeah though my oldest laptop,Vaio(8-9 year old) has outlived my Dell and HP(had to repair both atleast 1-2 times in the past 2 years)
the quality of parts and keyboard etc was very very superior,so good that even steve jobs wanted vaios to be macbooks back when OSX was switching to intel
overpriced laptops yes but im extremely pleased with the build quality and ease of opening up the laptop as compared to other laptops ive used or opened up
config was their downfall , even after sales though good had issues thanks to cheating staff members

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah though my oldest laptop,Vaio(8-9 year old) has outlived my Dell and HP(had to repair both atleast 1-2 times in the past 2 years)
the quality of parts and keyboard etc was very very superior,so good that even steve jobs wanted vaios to be macbooks back when OSX was switching to intel
overpriced laptops yes but im extremely pleased with the build quality and ease of opening up the laptop as compared to other laptops ive used or opened up
config was their downfall , even after sales though good had issues thanks to cheating staff members

You must have been lucky. I know 3 vaio owners and they cried throughout the time they had the laptops. In two it was MoBo failure while other was having display problem and the staff was also very rude.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You must have been lucky. I know 3 vaio owners and they cried throughout the time they had the laptops. In two it was MoBo failure while other was having display problem and the staff was also very rude.

hmm strange,still as long as my vaio is fine i shouldnt complain i guess
staff was rude,that much ive seen once

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Sony refutes suggestions that Mobile is up for sale

Ok, from what I could derive from that news is I like the fact that Sony understands that it's not the most powerful hardware that matters like the micromax and lava etc are doing. But, the details, design and useful innovation like water resistance and optimized software(like multimedia apps from Sony) that matters for the end consumer.

@others: I completely agree to that. IPhone might not have the most powerful specs but the design is usually so premium. Yes brand too matters.

And all those who are saying value for money are. Do take the time out to ask an iPhone user. Whether that was value for money for them or not?
The words value for money is all about perception. The very fact that everybody cannot afford them makes them worthy of value. Value is made by the kind of testing and designing and selecting the materials etc that goes into making a mobile phone worth it.

Cheap brands with cheap materials and no testing might be value for money for you. But that's certainly not the case with me.

Using a moderate hardware(i dont need an octacore processor. A quad core with full hd display instead of 4k or 2k display is much more desirable for me. Also, keep in mind that these specs would also reduce the price that the cutting edge technology demands. I could see more profit for Sony and micromax and other el chepo brands would have a hard time competing with the crappy or non existent ASS that they have.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
They will be on the track soon. They are doing many things right but all they really need to do is to focus on the right pricing.

$hadow

Geek in making
This is bad. They should have released lollipop for the other devices as well. Now they are forcing users to root and flash custom roms.

Top Bottom