Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
You should wait for the Z3's price to drop.

Z2 is a good phone, but has some quirks, off center camera, build quality issues, yellowish tint on display etc, so Sony changed the manufacturing place (please Google on this further), I'm confident that Z3 will sort all the issues of the Z2, but I still will wait for reviews.
Z2 is a good phone nonetheless, but still it's better to wait for Z3 especially when it's already out.

These issues must be from the first batch of the Z2 line...right??? or is it still present in the phones being made now??

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys my Sony Z1 Flap to cover the Charging port is become loose. Is there anyway I can fix this.
I'm nearing my one year warranty hence checking just in case it's difficult getting hold of one or fixing current one.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Reuters: Sony is open to selling its mobile phone business - GSMArena.com news

they just need to price their phones right and give good updates to mid rangers.. 2013 was a great run for sony .. 2014 was a disaster, every phone was overpriced

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I really like Sony.
1. They allow bootloader unlock through official channel for most of the newer devices.
2. They release source properly for the third party developers.
3. UI itself appears rather bloat free.
4. They have promised Lollipop for all Z series devices.

We have reached a point where hardware upgrades are not groundbreaking regular usage wise. Hence giving proper updates for a longer period is imperative. 6 months product cycle is really a bad idea for premium products. Works for use and throw sub-10K devices may be but even there if you give OS upgrade, you will have success.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is it possible to get the flaps(ie covers)of micro sd and sim card slots of xperia phones replaced if they get damaged or break accidentally ? Does Sony replace damaged or broken flaps of these phones at their service centers?

$hadow

Geek in making
Is it possible to get the flaps(ie covers)of micro sd and sim card slots of xperia phones replaced if they get damaged or break accidentally ? Does Sony replace damaged or broken flaps of these phones at their service centers?

I doubt it but it might worth a shot at the center if the device is under warranty.

Top Bottom