Sony Xperia 2014 discussion Thread

samudragupta

Youngling
i wanted to upgrade my htc one x to sony z3 compact thinking that it will be priced as z1c for around 38k, i am glad that i just ordered the htc one m8 for 41k from flipkart yesterday... why overprice the phones... i think sony thinks that since the z2 sold well, indian consumers will blindly upgrade to or buy the z3... no sony you fail and disappoint us this time

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I was shocked today when I read that Sony will not provide official kitkat update to Xperia M ,L and SP even though they have 1gb ram.Its ridiculous even mid range phones less than a year old are not supported by Sony.Better that everyone should stop buying Sony phones as they obviously dont care about their customers.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
A brand becomes a brand by making their blood to water! Do you use local cement to build your house or ACC? Phones are same, as well as everything else!
It's actually a ridiculous comment!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The higher pricing could have somehow been justified if Sony would have provided them with software updates for at least 3 years. If they cannot load all of their bloatware and yet get decent performance they could at least divide the support unto 2 halves - the first half or 18 months being full support period where the whole software suite is upgraded and certified while second half is extended or beta support (provided as a slimmed down near pure Android with additional applications installable via Play Store and the whole firmware carrying beta tag and provided as an optional at own risk update)

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
So I wanted to buy the Z3 Compact...but sony being sony and taking on Apple I phone 6, especially in terms of pricing, i've decided against it of course....

I decided to take a look at Xepria Z2 and compared it to Z3 and I cannot find much difference between the two, same CPU,GPU,RAM,Screen Size and the battery is smaller on the Z3.....so my question is...

With Diwali discounts on their way, should I just buy the Z2 when hopefully it becomes just a little bit more cheap

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So I wanted to buy the Z3 Compact...but sony being sony and taking on Apple I phone 6, especially in terms of pricing, i've decided against it of course....

I decided to take a look at Xepria Z2 and compared it to Z3 and I cannot find much difference between the two, same CPU,GPU,RAM,Screen Size and the battery is smaller on the Z3.....so my question is...

With Diwali discounts on their way, should I just buy the Z2 when hopefully it becomes just a little bit more cheap
You should wait for the Z3's price to drop.

Z2 is a good phone, but has some quirks, off center camera, build quality issues, yellowish tint on display etc, so Sony changed the manufacturing place (please Google on this further), I'm confident that Z3 will sort all the issues of the Z2, but I still will wait for reviews.
Z2 is a good phone nonetheless, but still it's better to wait for Z3 especially when it's already out.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
You should wait for the Z3's price to drop.

Z2 is a good phone, but has some quirks, off center camera, build quality issues, yellowish tint on display etc, so Sony changed the manufacturing place (please Google on this further), I'm confident that Z3 will sort all the issues of the Z2, but I still will wait for reviews.
Z2 is a good phone nonetheless, but still it's better to wait for Z3 especially when it's already out.

As far as i know sony doesn't drop its prices that quickly...

$hadow

Geek in making
Absolutely. But Sony won't do that, they are extremely arrogant.

Than they should stop doing bussiness if they can't be flexible. Consumer is what you have to go for as a ultimate aim no matter how much the reviews praise the device you you can't price it right you will find it hard to buy

Top Bottom