Sony Vaio Doesn't Hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaza

Journeyman
Hello guys,

My Sony Vaio Laptop doesn't hibernate when I click "hibernate" from Start menu and also when I close lid of the laptop.

It had been successfully hibernated since the purchase of the system.

I checked the power options and all the settings are there unchanged, especially the option "enable hibernation" etc.

this problem was found since last night.

I tried with system error check, nothing found wrong, scanned thoroughly for spyware using "ad-aware 2007", "spybot search and destroy " some minor spywares were there and I removed it, then Performed a thorough full scan with Avast home edition, found also some viruses and removed.

eventhough the problem is still there.

I had installed Nokia PC Suite 6.84 last night and it was ended in failure and re-installed the pc suite once again, so I thought it was the hibernation problem with the installation of pc suite, hence I removed the same, still problem persists.

I use my laptop for the presentation purpose and the hibernation option is very useful to me.
could you please give me a soln to this problem without a system restore option???

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Did you try scanning your drive with ScanDisk.

It happened to me once that Hibernation file got currupt and I was not able to hibernate, but once I fixed that disk error, Hibernate worked again. Try this, it might work.

OP
R

Raaza

Journeyman
Still problem persists

pls help someone

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Run Disk Cleanup of system drive and then restart the system. After reboot make sure that Hibernate is enabled in Power Settings again. ;)

vandit

In the zone
Just pop in the win xp cd(bootable..) and boot from it and select the repair option...Ur done..

OP
R

Raaza

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
Run Disk Cleanup of system drive and then restart the system. After reboot make sure that Hibernate is enabled in Power Settings again. ;)

Hi,

thanks Vishal
It works but.....

I'm getting an error message often as given below

===============================================

Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows

To Help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program.

Name: Windows Explorer
Publisher: Micorsoft Corporation

=============
Close Message
=============

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Data exectution prevention helps protect against damage from viruses and other security threats.

=========================================================

When I clicked "Close message" Box, windows try to send the error report.

what is this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.