SONY optical drives support help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhsun

Broken In
i have sony's dvd writer dw-g120a bought 2-3 years back and it works perfectly well

i wanted to know if the dvd-region restrictions can be removed as i read somewhere on net that it can be done (i have used the 3-4changes allowed)

also, i was wondering why there is no official website of sony's optical drives even being the best???
also, my drive's tray cover has no company logo
(there are dvd, rw, compactdisk logos below the tray-cover)
is there something wrong or could it be that the dealer(seller from whom i bought it) changed the bezel(cover) to black to match with my pc???

plzzz reply soon

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
The Sony DVD-RW which isn't having the Sony logo on the tray is actually the unboxed one ... u must have got it cheaper in comparison to the boxed version .. but don't worry , u can claim warranty from Sony for that .

Regarding changing dvd-region restrictions , i didn't understand ur query .. so plz be more specific ! :)

OP
S

saurabhsun

Broken In
i meant about region that:
there are 3-4 chances given to change the region code and i have used all of them and i cant change the code further for watching movies dvds set for other codes.......is it possible to make the drive region free????

i use dvd regionfree software and there is no problem but a permanent solution would be better

NucleusKore

TheSaint
For your drive see this
*forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2246

Also read this article
*forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=239

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom