Sony Ericcson W810i Memory Expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
hello guys,
I am bit confused*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif about expanding my SE W810i's memory. At the moment i am using 1Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo and i want to upgrade it to 2Gb but i am doubtful about it. I have a friend of mine using a 2Gb stick for his SE K750i without much problems but initially it gave slight problems.
So guys please tell me is it advisable to go for 2Gb?? Or will it cause problems like sudden rebooting, slow processing etc. in the future *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

One more query is regarding the price. What will be the approx price of a 2Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo in Mumbai???

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
dont worry .. go for 2gb card .. u wont face any problems like phone getting slow, hangs .. friend of mine is using it with 2gb card without any problems u mentioned above ..

no idea abt the price though ...

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
I have been using a 2GB Memory stick pro duo on my k750i for the past 6 months or so...
It is an original Sandisk 2GB Memory stick which I got with 5 yrs warranty for Rs 2.3k..
I purchased it from a decent shop at Lamington road.
If anything goes wrong with the memory stick then I can get it replaced on the spot.
But frankly speaking, I hardly faced any problems with it..

Now if u are purchasing the memory stick from ur friend, then make sure that ur friend is providing u with an original Memory stick pro duo...If its Sandisk, then go for it without any hesitation..
Be careful...in the market, u get fake Sony memory sticks at throw away prices...If ur friend has got a memory stick of that kind...then ur phone will surely face problems like rebooting(and probably thats the reason as to why he wants to get rid of it..hehe:D...)
As far as I know, fake Sandisk memory sticks are not that common in the market(as compared to Sony)

The best thing would be to try out the memory stick for a day or 2 on ur phone and check it for urself..
One way to do it is as follows:
Load the memory stick upto the brim (ofcourse keep a safety margin of 25 to 30MB) preferably with mp3s..
Open ur media player and open all files playlist and try to see if u are able to play the last song (or the latest song that u have added)
If it is able to play it then its well and good...otherwise its dupe!

Some dupe memory sticks can be really frustrating..
For eg: U may end up getting only 1GB on ur 2GB fake memory stick.

I bet u won't find any such problems if ur using a Sandisk memory stick..

I've tried using fake Sony as well as original Sandisk..
My phone works much better with a 2GB original Sandisk as compared to the 1GB fake Sony memory stick...

So be safe and be original.
If ur friend has got the memory stick pro duo with bill and warranty, ask for the bill and the cover (which is also equally important)
And also ask him from where has he purchased it, so that incase if u happen to face any probs with it, u can go to that shop and get it fixed...
Good Luck

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
@electrokawal, when did the original poster say that he is buying the stick from his friend?

Well actually I got a PM from him askin me to reply to this thread...in the PM he had told me that he's planning to buy the memory stick from one of his friends...

OP
thelordrrulzzz

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Thanks u guys for replying and special thanks to electrokawal and yogi7272 for replying to this thread.

@pushkar
Actually I had PM'ed electrokawal because an another friend of mine wants to sell off his 2Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo so had to ask electro for his comments. This was because he had used a 2Gb Memory Stick for his phone before so needed to know his experiences as well. But anyways thanks for replying*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif.

Keep the replies coming*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif.

OP
thelordrrulzzz

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
hey thanks a lot guys for your advice. I just got 2Gb Memory Stick Pro Duo with warranty for myself.
P.S.- Mods please close this thread as there's nothing left to discuss over here.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
hello guys,
I am bit confused*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif about expanding my SE W810i's memory. At the moment i am using 1Gb SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo and i want to upgrade it to 2Gb but i am doubtful about it. I have a friend of mine using a 2Gb stick for his SE K750i without much problems but initially it gave slight problems.
So guys please tell me is it advisable to go for 2Gb?? Or will it cause problems like sudden rebooting, slow processing etc. in the future *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

I had w810i with 2GB... used it without any probs... except while opening any file took a little more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom