sony dvd rw's open butten is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hskpunjabi

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
Sony DRU-7420S or Samsung SH223F or something. Both cost similar around 1.1k. With the Sony one a bit more than Samsung!

is it ide or sata ?? which is better......??
previous drive was also sony's.....so i should stick to same brand...or try other...like lg which would be long lasting...(name models)??

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No LG please. Stick to any brand. Doesn't matter much. Both are SATA. IDE's are long gone!
Why not LG?
If he's gonna buy "any brand" why not LG?

Brands does not matter. I would advice to look for a brand whose service center is in ur city (but, u r not listening)...
And visit a temple b4 buying the drive :lol:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Just look around and you would see the people facing issues with LG. LG has high failure rates. Sony and Samsung are other two predominant brands in India. So he can go for either of them!

Krow

Crowman
Just look around and you would see the people facing issues with LG. LG has high failure rates. Sony and Samsung are other two predominant brands in India. So he can go for either of them!
I look around me to find sony and samsung drives failing too just about some months after expiry of one year warranty. Both me and my friend are using LG drives and no probs.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nor Sony nor Samsung nor LG. Go with ASUS. It is recommended by some people & I too haven't seen an ASUS drive failing :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I vote for LG. I'm using it. And I recommended it to all my friends. Both me and my friends hav never faced any prblms so far.

OP
hskpunjabi

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
ok...
drive is reading cd/dvd's but not writing....i week before the problem i hv installed xp with same dvd drive......,,so is there some dirty lens problem,,,?/

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^ I don't think cleaning will help. It might be that your drive is now dead. My friend too has similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom