Some queries regarding JSF(Java Server Faces)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey guys, I'd just started working on JSF and I have a few queries.

1. What is the best book/resource to learn JSF? I need detailed knowledge. I have learn the basics, but I want my page to look like this: PrimeFaces ShowCase and I am a long way from getting there, the pages I made looks like cr@p, works like cr@p and pretty slow too :(

I need detailed knowledge on JSF backend too, I am going to use JPA to save data to a oracle server, I need to optimize the code to minimize database calls, so far I had hit a wall trying to manage the scopes of the beans. I have a single page in my app which is having multiple tabs, each tab having multiple child tabs as well. The entire page is one big form, users can enter and save data for any part as they wish, across all tabs and child tabs. Its a bit difficult to manage this for me now, also some of the tabs need to enabled/disabled on the fly as per options chosen in another tab. So as you can see I need lot of learning.

2. What are the the prospect of learning JSF? I don't want to spend a lot of time on it if its not very popular. Otherwise I will learn it thoroughly like I am doing with jpa right now.

Top Bottom