Some feedback needed on Apple macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Firstly i dont want to start another mac vs windows fight.

I just need info on a couple of things:

I am going to go in for my mba in 2010(around mid) so i would be in need of a laptop. After loads of searching on net and trying some of which were in possessions of my friends (dell ie i7 proccy one studio 1557, dp, compaqs and all). AFter some browsing through websites i kind of liked apple's new macbook unibody design ( the plain macbook and not macbook pro ).

I am fine with the price and specifications, had a talk with apple's sales personnel and i will be getting it for 58k odd with 4gb of ram (upgraded from 2gb by them).

All i wanted to know is how is apple's after sales service in india? Because when i go through websites and blogs i get a mixed review so thought you all could help me out on this

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
See I am totally opposite to APPLE"MAc all products , But i say Apple products are so cool if u totally get in to them , but all u get is good & nice products from APPle than DELL or HP , make sure u get in to apple OS completely if u r going to buy a MAC book .

But i am sure that MAC book is far too better than DELL or HP in Quality .

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Thanks for the prompt reply. But can you please tell me that what kind of after sales service can i expect during the warranty period if something inside my laptop goes kaboom??? and how prompt would the service be?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I would have given information regarding service , if i know ! sure there many Apple fan boys using Apple - i sure dont know where they went ??

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Ha Ha Ha

Even i am waiting for some feedbacks from both the camps........ if there are some mac fan boys, then i am pretty sure their must be many who hate mac......
I am one of those who is yet to take a side

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
apple warranty is considered very good.

And there shouldnt be any doubt regarding the build quality and the stability of a mac.

If you are ready to sacrifice a good GPU, go for a mac!

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Yeah i am ready to sacrifice the gpu part.........

I guess it sums it up about apple feedbacks, but then i hope if something goes wrong with the laptop in warranty then they wont make me run for weeks before they actually replace it

hackerzlab

Journeyman
so far so good. i haven't got any complains after using it for few months. i guess they will take few days to few months depending on the seriousness of the problem.

its worth the money. no laptop so far gives such good battery life in this price range.

btw, u can always use software like vmware, bootcamp to install windows in your mac.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

so far so good. i haven't got any complains after using it for few months. i guess they will take few days to few months depending on the seriousness of the problem.

its worth the money. no laptop so far gives such good battery life in this price range.

btw, u can always use software like vmware, bootcamp to install windows in your mac.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I am sure i am not gonna have any problems with the mac os X, my main concern is all about support, coz once i am inside a b school, i need my laptop running for two years without much problems, and god forbidden if anything goes wrong anytime, it should be fixed soon........ so i am worried about apple's service in india

hackerzlab

Journeyman
it shouldn't be much of a problem. i got a friend here who's using the old macbook for over a year now.

hope u get into a city where there's apple service centre. service should be quicker.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Apple website shows that they have two authorized service centers in bhubaneswar.....

So i guess then that should not be an issue anymore. Anyways should i wait till april next year or get it immediately??? any chances of any changes in configs of apple macbook???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom