Softwares reqd for E63

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Got myself an E63 yesterday. Its a real nice phone. Midnight Black color is mind blowing. And the inbuilt black theme gives a whole new nice look. The only problem i am facing right now is that i need certain softwares.
Softwares like:
1. Some software to password protect my messages
2. Antivirus
3. Something to password protect the access to memory card and media files etc....

got certain software online but none of them are compatible with the phone........
Please get me some links to some softwares which would be of use to me

k4ce

Youngling
google 's60v3 software' ... u'll get all that u need .... u may try getjar.com for freewares and sharewares ....

A

anarchist

I am also having e63 black. Password protection and data encryption for phone & memory card is provided in this phone by default. Try using them.
And i am using phone without any antivirus. I dont know how secure it is. I have installed general applications like opera mini, ebuddy, skyfire, chessmaster, google maps only. and this phone plays mp4 videos, so no need of smartmovie/ coreplayer

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Don't install any AV. It is pointless if you don't update it & let it hog your system resources just to protect you with a minscule no of viruses. But do remember you only install/Download apps from trusted sources.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I tried playing the public enemies trailer which was in mo4 format but only got audio n no video n it played it using the music player...... do i need to convert videos to native resolution of the phone????

A

anarchist

I use avidemux for video conversion with following settings:

Video (change from copy to MPEG-4ASP Xvid)
configure>general>encoding mode-constant bitrate, target bitrate-128kbps
filters>transform>Size:320 x width will be automatically selected depending on aspect ratio

Audio: change from copy to AAC (Faac)
Configure>56kbps

Format:Mp4

Now save the video with .mp4 extension

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Coreplayer can play almost any format with ease. No skipping. It has several configuration options which you can tweak to get best out of your videos. It has equalizer, aspect ratio, video quality etc which lets you take full control over how you watch videos on your symbian smartphone. A must have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom