Is this really possible

read this
*lly316.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-softmod-9600gso-into-8800gts.html

OP
pratik03

pratik03

Journeyman
It is lot more powerful than 8600GT & even comparable to 9600GT

as of now this card offer highest performance/price ratio.

Review

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
but u cant softmod those palit cards.u only softmod the Galaxy 9600GSO Overclocked Edition.

tell me 1 thing guys 8800GTS 512MB is better than 8800GTS 320MB aint it (atleast thats wat i knew) but these 3DMark06 scores say somethin diff.so sud i sell off my 8800GTS 320MB and go for this 9600GSO and softmod it to a 8800GTS 512MB?

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude it's not ordinary GALAXY OC Edition. The one which can be modded is the one which comes with 8 memory chips (6 working and 2 locked). It also comes with dual bios which is much more safer if u bust out one BIOS and u can recover with another.
The older 8800GTS(320MB) was 320-Bit whereas new G92 chip is 256-bit. So there might be some difference, but the newer 512MB 8800GTS performs better, that u all already know.
3D mark always give ATi more points than nVidia so don't trust 3D mark scores, u can keep them as reference. Actual performance comes in gaming where eye candy meets FPS.
After all this, i don't think that 9600GSO performs better than ur 320MB edition, i m not sure, search for some comparison chart.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ buddy ATi doesnt come into play here.i'm comparing nVidia to nVidia.

all i wanna know is whether a 9600GSO softmodded inot a 8800GTS 512MB will be better than my current 8800GTS 320MB

OP
pratik03

pratik03

Journeyman
it is not good idea to sell your current 8800GTS as softmoded 9600GSO may perform better than your 8800GTS but not by huge margin.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^^ buddy ATi doesnt come into play here.i'm comparing nVidia to nVidia.

all i wanna know is whether a 9600GSO softmodded inot a 8800GTS 512MB will be better than my current 8800GTS 320MB

It certainly does performs well when softmodded. If u check the scores at technewstime.com , u will see that it even outperforms almost 10% than 512MB 8800GT in 3D mark! So its obviously better than ur old 8800GTS.
But i m still counting on some benchmarks as i am not sure how it will actually performs in real world.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
hmm...the modding and the results are nice, as it seems from the link. btw, how much is the price?

@hellgate,
Your GTS is of older core, i.e. G80, whereas the latest GTS boasts G92 core with higher stream processors. So, its very obvious that the card will perform better than ur current GTS. However, as u have overclocked ur card to an extent, plus ur 3DMark scores are quite nice....i'd suggest u to wait. Let the news spread more and let there be some exact figures and facts, regarding this GSO Softmod...so that u can make ur decision. :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Besides this I 've also heard that the Galaxy card is available ion Canada and some Asian countries. What if it includes India? Sounds good?

acewin

Point Blanc
one more question because I have not checked much the galaxy gfx card we are talking about has 384 or 512 MB ddr3.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
actually it has 512MB of GDDR3 ram but only 384MB of that is active.with the softmod u can unlock the full 512MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom